Chapter 26 A Recipe for Doom

Nya's Pov (movie)

Later that night, we finally got to the sparring part, and I was definitely excited for this. Now I can have a rematch with my copy. I strolled over to her until I felt my shirt collar get yanked. I whirled around to face my brother's copy.

"Nice try, but you're sparring with me first," He stated.

"What!? Says who?" I demanded.

"Says me," Wu butted. I turned to my left to see him sitting on one of the crates with Stellar to his right.
"Kai's counterpart tells me that he's worked alot on his temper, so I decided that it would be better for your training if you spared with him first." I crossed my arms with a scoff.

"I don't have anger problems," I replied cooly.

"Nya has ears like a monkey and hairy armpits!" I heard my brother scream. I felt my face grow hot with fury before whipping my head around towards him.

"YOU'RE DEAD! YOU BETTER WRITE YOUR WILL NOW BEFORE I GET OVER THERE AND THROW YOU INTO THE OCEAN---" I stopped my rant after realizing what I just said. I then turned back to Kai's copy and dipped my head down.

"When do we start?" I asked.

"Over here, come on," Kai's copy answered before heading over towards an empty space in the clearing.

Jay's copy (show)

I headed over towards Cole's copy to find him listening to his music again and drifting off a bit.

"Hey, space dude. Earth to DJ Rocky. We're sparring right now," I said loudly to wake the guy up. He snapped out of his thoughts and looked over to me.

"What? Really?" He asked, seeming a bit confused by my choice.

"Yup, Cole told me how you might be a bit slow with your movements in battle. I'm here to help you with that," I explained happily before motioning him to follow.

Jay's Pov (Movie)

I glanced around and started noticing the others were pairing up. I grew a bit nervous about being left out.

What if our counterparts don't want to spar with me? I was barely even present for most of their time here. What if they can't help me with whatever problems I have in my fighting? What if--

"Jay!"

I snap out of my thoughts and turned to see that it was Cole's copy.

"Come on, let's practice together," He spoke with a smile. I gave a weak smirk back before following him to another open space.

Zane's Pov (Show)

"I am ready when you are, friend," My copy stated happily. I nodded before charging his way. He jumped up high before I could land a hit, but I countered that with a blast of ice. I caught his foot, and he tumbled to the ground. I then walked over to give him a hand.

"Not thinking while battling is a good technique of its own, but it doesn't hurt to plan a head a bit to get an upper hand."

"True, than--"

WHAM!

My copy cut himself off by flinging his ice covered foot towards me which sent me flying back a bit. I held my stomach while I stared at him, surprised.

"But overthinking can leave you vulnerable as well, right?" My copy asked curiously. I couldn't help but smile.

I didn't even see that coming. I guess there are some things I can learn from him too.