Chapter 9 From Bad to Worse

Cole's Pov (Show)

It all happened waaay too fast.

I didn't even see her, but that girl from before managed to appear out of thin air and punch Zane right in the face.

It also wasn't just her this time.

The rest of her team emerged from around the corner or from rooftops to join her side.

"These are the guys?" the red one asked with a raised brow.

"Yup, Ice guy and Cole's copy," the girl said with annoyance.

Wait, Cole?

....Oh right, copies. How did I forget that?

I shook off the thought before I tied up my arm once more. Zane stood up and rubbed his head.

"Well, that was no where near pleasant," Zane remarked with newfound sarcasm.

"Whoa, he is a robot like Zane," the blue one pointed out with wide eyes, noticing Zane's glowing gaze and titanium skin.

I stepped in between the group and Zane.

"Look, we don't want any trouble," I answered with my hands raised.

"You should have thought of that before you and your friends robbed a jewerly store," the one in green replied, glaring towards me.

"Where are your other friends by the way?" the blue one asked, sounding more curious than suspicious.

"We didn't rob anything, and I'm definitely not telling you that," I said, shooting Jay's copy a look.

"Well you better cause we're not going anywhere until we get answers!" the grey one exclaimed before she blasted water at me. The blast sent me flying down the alley, hitting my back against the pavement. I sat up before glaring daggers at the water master.

"That's it! I've had it with this girl" I spat through my soaked mask. I then used Spinjitzu and sent Nya's copy and the one in blue flying in some other direction.

"Whoa! What the heck was that?!" the one in red asked, looking slack-jawed under his mask.

"I... I think that's Spinjitzu!" the one in green muttered. His body seemed to tense.

"Be careful guys!"

I slammed my fists together to form my Earth Punch.

My hands started to glow.

"Ack!"

I flinched once the power reached my injured arm.

The whole glow then disappeared.

"Seriously? My Earth Punch has to mess up now!?" I asked in irritation.

"It must be your injury. It's getting in the way of your power move," Zane guessed as he walked over to me and threw on his mask.

"Everyone, we need you all here, now. The Secret Ninja Force has found us," Zane spoke through the communicator linked into his hard drive.

"Well then--" I pulled out my scythe.

"--let's change it up shall we?"

"He's got a weapon! Guys! Take him down!" the green ninja shouted, slipping into a fighting stance.

Zane then leaned over to me.

"I do not believe the weapon was a wise choice, Cole," Zane said.

"I know now, ZANE!" I mumbled in annoyance before dodging a blow from the one in green.