Chapter 25 Out of This World

Nya's Pov (show)

After walking out of the base, I looked around for any sign of Cole. Finally being away from the loud arguing, I was able to hear the faint sound of water splashing.

Splat!

I glanced to my left and noticed Cole sitting on the edge of one of the docks. I drew closer to see that he had a sad look on his face. It was a rare sight to see Cole down like this. Annoyed, yeah. But sad? Only time I saw him really upset was when he turned into a ghost a while back. I drew closer to him. He didn't seem to notice me, probably deep in thought. I sat down beside him, our legs hanging over the cool lake. I noticed Cole was forming rocks with his powers and tossing them into the pool of water. I thought about what to say to him. We really haven't talked much in a while. I mean, we've hung out together but only with the rest of the team. There was a time when I thought I had feelings for him. However, I think I just liked the idea of liking him... if that makes any sense. A part of me groaned for acting so stupid, but at the time, it was nice to think that I actually had options for who I could be with instead of just being Jay's girl. Over time though, I realized that Jay really was who I wanted to be with after all. I glanced over at Cole again. He still isn't saying word. I'm not sure if he even acknowledged that I sat down. Cole and I have had our rough patches here and there, but I do think we're okay now. After I had that talk with him that time he turned into a ghost, I really felt like we we've moved on from ex-crushes to good friends. Now we're here. Me having another talk with him, not knowing what in all Ninjago to even say! Ugh, why do serious conversations always have to be so hard to do?! I took in a breath finally and looked his way again.

"Cole? You wanna talk about what happened back there?" I asked, sounding way more confident with my words than I really was.

"Not really, no," Cole spoke roughly.

"Cole, I know you want us to trust Stellar, but we're just being careful. You have to give us time," I explained to him calmly. Cole sighed before stopping his rock throwing.

"I know, I just... I trust her, and I want you guys to see that," Cole replied sadly. I cocked an eyebrow. What was it about this girl that Cole trusted so much? Cole's no fool, so how could he suddenly trust this criminal so quickly?

"Can I ask: what is it about her that makes you trust her so much?" I asked, really curious to know. Cole glanced my way before pushing back his bangs.

"It's kind of stupid really. She... she told me that she felt unwanted for most of her life. Like she was... forgotten," Cole trailed off, his voice growing more quiet. Realization suddenly hit me.

After the Day of the Departed, Cole told us how much he felt alone and forgotten. Before he turned back into a human, he would constantly fade away from existence every now and then. What really didn't help was when Master Yang made us forget Cole was even there for most of that night. All of us felt horrible for leaving him behind, and I guess that left a bit of a scar on Cole.

"Oh," I replied sadly.

"She told me about how she was jealous of us, for being so beloved by all. I felt for her a bit. I kind of know what it's like to feel that way," Cole explained as he rested his arms on his knees. I looked his way again, seeing the distant look in his eyes.

"You really trust her, don't you?" I asked. Cole looked me in the eye this time.

"More than you know," He said this time with confidence. I smiled, seeing his face was now abit brighter.

"If you say she's good, then we'll trust her too," I stated slowly while resting my hand on his shoulder. Cole gave off a smile.

"Thanks, Nya," He spoke warmly. We were about to stand up, but something else crossed my mind.

"Cole, you know we care about you, right?" I questioned. Cole looked at me again before smiling once more.

"Yeah, I know," He spoke softly. I smiled back at him before pulling him into a hug.

"We love you, Cole. And if Master Wu was here, he'd say the same thing to you too," I said slowly. Cole froze abit before hugging me back.

"Thank you, Nya," Cole replied with a weak tone, probably from the mention of Wu. The two of us parted and soon walked back into the base to see the two teams were now training by the obstacle course. Cole looked at the familiar course with shock.

"Yeah, you kind of missed a lot," I told him as the two of us walked over to everyone. Master Wu was drinking tea while watching Jay's copy try the course.

"You got this Jay! Just don't forget the dummy at the end!" My copy cheered with excitement. I glanced back at Jay's copy to see clear worry over his gaze.

"Alr-rright, here I go, I guess," He spoke outloud before charging towards the planks.

I turned back to Cole, but I realized that he vanished. I looked around to find him by Stellar, who was tied up in a chair. I groaned with annoyance. Jay's so gonna get it for doing that.

Cole's Pov (Show)

I walked over to a clearly ticked off Stellar, who was tied to a computer chair.

"How's it going over here?" I asked her with a smirk. She glanced my way before scoffing.

"Oh you know, just perfect! Your blue friend said that I could either be tied up or have to listen to him sing Old McDonald for the rest of the time I was here," She spat with annoyance. I winced at what she said. Jay singing was never something anyone should hear. I then walked behind her and started untieing the ropes.

"Don't worry, if Jay sings, I'll just stuff his face with his mask," I stated as Stellar let out a chuckle.

"Hey! Cole, don't untie our prisoner--Ow ow ow!" I heard Jay shout. I looked up to see Nya pulling Jay away by the ear. After releasing Stellar, I heard a giant crash. I glanced back at the training course to see Jay's copy was now on top of a pile of broken crates with a dizzy look in his eyes.

"Pixal said that was your closest one yet, Jay," Zane stated to him. I guess Zane had taken Pixal out of the computer.

"Thanks," Jay's copy replied; my copy helped him up.

"Come on guys! If we're gonna be ready for those bad guys, we need to learn Spinjitzu," Lloyd's copy said to his team.

"I'm next! I almost got it last time!" Nya's copy stated while jumping back into the training course.

"Fine, but I'm ordering pizza again for tonight," Kai's copy stated.

"Not until we do some sparring later. You guys still need to work on your fighting style," Kai remarked.

"Hey, we do too. I haven't practiced in a while. I don't want to get rusty," Nya pointed out once she and Jay came back. Stellar then glanced my way, confused.

"What?" I asked.

"You guys are chatting like nothing bad is happening. How can you all change moods so quickly?" She questioned. I thought about it before a smile came over me.

"Well, for my team, I guess we've been through so much that sharing a laugh during rough times like this always helped us pull through. For our counterparts, I guess it's the same for them. We may all look different and even act different, but we're still alike deep down," I explained to her. Stellar then turned back to the others. Kai's copy was trying the course now, and he ended up actually finishing it. He landed at the end with a huge grin on his face.

"I did it! I DID IT! I REALLY DID IT! YES!" He shouted with pure joy. His friends went over to congratulate him, and I raised my fist in the air, still smiling.

"Haha, way-a-go!" I shouted. My friends were celebrating as well. I looked back at Stellar who grew a warm smile.

"You guys are out of this world," She spoke before letting out another chuckle.

A/N: Hey guys! I wanted to do a lighter chapter to counter the more serious one last time, so hope you enjoy! Oh, side note, next chapter the ninja will be sparring each other, so if you have any suggestions of which ninja should fight which counterpart, let me know!