Chapter 13 A Mysterious Enemy

Lloyd's Pov (movie)

The sun had barely risen in the sky, and I was exhausted. I yawned as I gradually walked up the steps to my school. A few students brushed past me, and a couple of them waved happily. I slowly waved "hi" back, but I couldn't do much else. I was dead that morning for barely getting any sleep.

"I can't believe this!!" I heard a voice shout behind me. I jumped almost three feet with the sudden loud tone. I turned my gaze to see that it was Nya. She came up from behind me and was grumbling in anger.

"I should be out there finding Jay and kicking bad guy butt!" She almost shouted.

"Hey! Keep your voice down, you're going to blow out my ear drum," A voice said in my ear. I forgot I had an ear piece in my left ear. We all had one to keep in touch with one another.

"And besides, you got one of the shortest straws fair and square so suck it up and just go to school!" I heard Kai's copy say over the ear piece.

"Yeah sis be lucky, some people didn't get to pick," Kai said as he walked up to us in the hall and pointed a finger towards me.

"We all agreed that me and my copy had to be with a different group, since we're technically the leaders," I explained with a yawn.
"And I was too tired to do patrol," I admitted.

"Yeah, And our Zane didn't even have the option to go to school, because he would raise too many red flags," I heard another voice say. I turned my head to see Jay and Nya's copies walk up behind me. They were in normal clothing like us, and Jay's copy had a small backpack over his shoulders.

"Where did you get a backpack?" I asked with curiosity.

"He bought it at the school's gift shop," Nya's copy explained.

"We have a gift shop?" Kai questioned as he walked up towards them.

"I'm playing the part of a highschool student! Is it working?" He asked as he put his hands on his hips proudly. I heard Nya was snickering behind me.

"Uhh, sort of... don't you guys go to highschool in your dimension?" I wondered.

"Nope not really. I was home schooled by my parents, since the schools were too far from my home," Jay's copy explained.

"And my brother and I never finished school, since we had to keep our parent's blacksmith shop from going out of business," Nya's copy admitted.

"So you guys never even been to a real highschool? Man, lucky!" Kai said in an annoyed tone.

"Just stick with us. We'll show you what to do," I said, before the bell rang. Nya and Jay's copies got into a fighting stance at the sudden loud bell.

"Is that a fire alarm!?" Jay's copy shouted in alert. I sighed, before I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"No, that's the school bell. It's time for class," I explained. The two of them stopped and noticed their mistake.

"Oh... our bad," Jay's copy replied with a nervous chuckle.

"It's been a while since we've been in a school," Nya's copy admitted with a weak smile. I saw Nya face palm herself, before she walked off.

"Let's go," I told them and they followed.

Lloyd's Pov (show)

The five of us searched a huge part of downtown, before we all met back in an alley.

"Anyone find anything?" I asked. Everyone shook their heads sadly, and I sighed.

"Well what we'll do now is--".