5:44 AM - song hyeongjun [fluff]

[ timestamp, drabble ]

[ 5:44 AM ]

the exuberance that hyeongjun continuously radiated made you question the time. his fingers linked on yours as you walked to the stairs that lead to the rooftop of the dormitory building the two of you were tenants of. it was so early when you heard multiple knocks by your door, your alarm clock was yet to ring. but perhaps it wasn't needed anymore as you were already standing by the rooftop.

"what do you want to do, hyeongjun?" you asked, voice groggy. a yawn managed to slip off your lips, eyes barely open. you were clinging to the male for support for at any moment, it seems like your legs will betray you. to be back to your bed and continue the interrupted sleep— a wish your senses were sending.

the male didn't reply, instead, he guided you to one of the patio chairs. once you were already seated, his hands were on your cheeks, giving it a slight squish. "come on, open your eyes!"

"i'm still sleepy," you replied with a whine. who would have thought that hyeongjun would be able to drag you to the rooftop after a full night of battling with your school-related works? if given any other option, you'd want to bury yourself under the pillows and be hugged by your bed.

"you can sleep again later." soft giggles were heard from the male as he released your cheeks. "it's a good view! you have to see it."

you sighed at his words, fully aware that you were about to get defeated. a small pout decorated your lips as you reluctantly did what he was asking.

the surrounding wasn't too bright yet, but the faint hues of yellow came to brace your eyes. the rays of sun steadily offering the world with vibrant colors, marking the start of another day.

"it's pretty, right? right?" the ebullience laced in hyeongjun's tone never wavered, his irises sparkling as he looked at you.

"yes." a faint smile became visible on your brim as you leaned back to the chair, getting more comfortable. a fuzzy feeling settled in your chest, the morning warmth spreading in your heart.

hyeongjun's hand found yours, once again interlacing your fingers. "i'm glad to be with you in the first sunrise of the month."