twenty-three

{UNEDITED}

        Jason had been sitting, waiting for us, for an hour now. I was still waiting for the doctor to come and discharge me and then I would be able to get Matthew’s surprise underway.

        Jason had agreed to do the two hour drive to where the caravan was situated. I didn’t even have to bribe him when I asked him, he was more than willing to take the two of us there and he was even prepared to pick us up whenever we gave him the call. I had packed my bags days ago and I had asked Vivienne to pack some things before Matthew before they went, so everything was ready and nothing was going to ruin what I had planned.

        Nothing other than a doctor who couldn’t turn up when he said he was going to. I knew that he wasn’t happy about releasing me before he wanted to, but Jason had convinced him it was for the best. He told him we were going away from the weekend and, being away from everything, was the best way to keep my blood pressure at a normal level.

        “Ergh. Where the hell is he?” I asked for the thousandth time, throwing my hands above my head as I checked the time. He told me he was going to be here almost an hour ago. I understood that doctors could be late. But he was just taking the piss now and it was making me hate him.

        “I don’t see what the hurry is to get out of here,” Matthew said once again. Of course he didn’t see what the hurry was but, unless I was out of here in the next half hour, we would be too late to have our dinner on the beach because the tide will have started to come in.

        I swear, if tonight doesn’t go to plan, then I will never forgive that arse who calls himself a doctor. I will make his life a living hell and he regret ever daring to mess with a pregnant, emotional woman.

        “Can we just leave?” I said to no one in particular. I was simply seeing who was still listening to me complain and who had stopped listening a long time ago.

        “I’ll go and see where the hell he’s got to,” Jason said. As he walked over to the door. He didn’t have the chance to open it though before tall, dark and handsome walked into the room.

        He moved right to the end of the bed I had occupied, picking up the notes which had been written about me over the last three days. Honestly, if they wanted to know things about me, all they had to do was ask. I could give them enough to write a book, they could be rich and famous with the stories I could tell.

        “So, I believe you here to be discharged is that correct,” he paused for a moment as he checked my name on the form, “Miss Parker?”

        “Yes. Now, I have been waiting for over an hour and I am not happy. I have plans, plans which could have been ruined due to a simple problem of incompetency,” I snapped. I didn’t even bother to admire the looks both Matthew and Jason were now giving me for the comment I had just made. I could have said so much worse, I wanted to say so much worse. They should be thankful I kept it as pleasant as I did.

        “I would like to apologise on behalf of the hospital. And on behalf of Dr Roberts,” the guy said with a smile on his face. “I do hope you can still continue with your plans.”

        “If you let me the hell out of here then I would be able to. So, just sign whatever piece of paper you have to sign, and get me the hell out of here,” I snapped. I was already fed up with being messed around, so I didn’t need same lame guy attempting to flirt with me. I especially didn’t need him attempting to flirt with me when Matthew was in the room and, if he caught on to what tall, dark and handsome was doing, then they would be requiring a bed for one of their own.