Ch-2:Black Skull

Katie's POV
I turn into the familiar alleyway that reeks of alcohol and cigarettes.
Disgusting.
I park my bike on my usual parking spot, seeing another one right next to it that I have never seen before. Probably a newbie. I shrug my shoulders and go to the main door.
"Black Skull." Tristen, the guard, nods at me.
"Tristen." I nod back and he lets me through. I go down the elevator to down below. After all, this is underground fighting.
I walk in and the arena is packed with people.
I walk up to the bar and say hi to Mase, the owner of this place and the one who taught me to fight and took me under his wing.
"Hey Mase."
"Ka-*cough*I mean Black Skull nice to see you. Again." he smirks and I pass him a smile back.
I never actually smile in the outer world. I haven't had a reason to. This place makes me feel safe and well, at home.
"Who am I up against today?"I ask Mase.
"There's a new guy. Thunderstrike, specifically. He said he could defeat you. I laughed at his face." Mase says and I throw him a smirk and scoff.
Defeat me? Pfft as if.
"How much is the prize?"
"$35,000."
"That's a lot."
"And you are gonna win it." He says, grinning like a chesire cat.
I smirk.
As if on cue,  I hear my name being called.
"Black Skull you are up!"
I get up and get into the ring.
"Thunderstrike, today's challenger, come on up!"
The guy who is apparently 'Thunderstrike' comes into the ring and I take up his appearance. Not bad. 6'2 approximately and well built with pretty blue eyes.I smirk. Sad that pretty boy here is gonna lose.
"Begin!"
Pretty boy goes for my legs. Bad choice.
He almost grasps onto my leg when I take it away lightning-speed and he falls face-front.
I get on his back and twist his hand back, probably twisting a few fingers. He barely lets out a whimper, though.
He suddenly turns around with so much force that am thrown back but I regain my balance.
Pretty boy still lies down on his back, and just as he is about to get up, I get on top of him and punch him on the jaw again and again. He tries to get a few punches in but I easily dodge them. And that he has a few twisted fingers isn't very helpful. He actually is a really good fighter it seems but just not against me. I get bored quick so I punch him on the nose and then hard on the jaw. And he blacks out.
I get up and the referee shouts, "As always, Black Skull is the winner!"
I get out of the ring and go to Mase.
He hands me a bag of money.
"As always, here you go."he grins.
I smile-a genuine smile- then I ride my bike, go back home and freshen up.
After my shower, I pick out a dress with a black leather jacket and some combat boots.
(outfit below)

I might be a bad girl but wearing a dress doesn't change sh*t about me

I see that the time is 7:08 and school starts at 7:20. Sh*t.
I quickly head and pick up a croissant from Starbucks for breakfast.
My body still hurts. From the abuse of last night and maybe even from the fight today morning. I park into the school lot and I walk in. I take out my books for my first period. Math. Ugh of course. I go into class and sit at the very back.
I take out my phone and scroll through instagram. Sadly, neither Hazel nor Rachel (my best friends) are in any of my classes today. I sigh when the teacher walks in and I start to pay attention.
I might be the bad girl but unlike most bad girls and boys, I actually care about my grades.

*time skip to lunch*
The classes upto lunch were pretty uneventful. An hour of torture in maths and then another in History and then in English. I like English but we were supposed to read a book. Ugh. Boring.
I get a nutella sandwich and an Apple juice and head to Hazel and Rachel that are sitting in the back at our usual table.
"'Sup" I say as I sit down.
None of them say anything and I look up to see troubled expressions on both of their faces.
"Okay what's wrong?"
Hazel starts,"So you know how me and Rachel are step sisters?" I slowly nod.Rachel's dad married Hazel's mom.
"Well..." Hazel says fidgeting with her fingers.
"We are moving!" Rachel blurts out.
Silence.
"WHAT?!" I finally say.
Hazel sighs. "Yes Rachel's dad got a new job on the other side of New York and we all have to move."
Tears sprung to my eyes and I hug them. My bruises hurt but at that moment, I didn't care.
We sat there hugging for a while.
"When?"
"Tomorrow." I suck in a sharp breath.
I somehow manage to convince the girls to ditch the rest of the day. It was specifically hard to convince Hazel. We all hang around our favourite spots and eat and talk and laugh.
They say they will be going early morning so we say our goodbyes with lots of tears.  I ride home and cry myself to sleep. I might be a gang leader but my loved ones definitely bring out the soft side in me. They always do.
.
.
Tristan

Mase

Hi guys!I hope you liked this chapter!Thank you for reading this far if you have already!Thank you for giving this book a chance as well!Sorry for any typos or grammatical mistakes ☆Much love see you in the next chapter ♡

.
.
.
.
.
Hi guys!
I hope you liked this chapter!
Thank you for reading this far if you have already!
Thank you for giving this book a chance as well!
Sorry for any typos or grammatical mistakes ☆
Much love see you in the next chapter ♡