Ch-10:You Don't Know

You might be thinking why I lied to my brothers that I have never had a boyfriend. Well because first of all, I just met them; well obviously I have met them before but I haven't met them since they abandoned mum and I; except for Cole that is. And Laymen is a really touchy subject for me and I won't tell them until I trust them. Which won't be anytime soon.
I go into the gang house knowing everyone would be asleep by now. I quickly gather some paintings of mine and make my way out. Gotta keep the lie on. I put the paintings in the secret compartment of my bike and head off.
As I pull into the driveway of their house, I see that all the lights of the house are on. I get out my paintings and I ring the doorbell and I hear hurried footsteps from inside.
The door swings open that I almost lose my grip on my paintings.Almost.
"What the heck?!" I say to a frantic Lucas.
"We were worried why are you so late." Late? Bro it's like a quarter to twelve.
"I told you I was gonna be late. And don't worry I have stayed out even later." I say as I walk past him into the house.
Just as I am about to go up the stairs, someone holds my wrist really tight that I know it's gonna leave a bruise and stops me from going up. I look and see it was him. Alex.
"What?" I snarl at him.
"Where the fuck were you, huh?! Being out so late and in those clothes. You know I have a suspicion you are a slut." He shouts.
"Alex!" Blake warns.
"No look she looks like a slut and am pretty sure she is one. Maybe that's why mum died. She didn't want her." That's it.
I take my hand out of his grasp, throw my drawings on the sofa and punch him on the face. He stumbles back but doesn't fall.
"What the-" he starts but I cut him off.
"YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT ANYTHING OF MY LIFE SO STOP JUDGING ME. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO STAY UP EVERY DAY TILL 11:11 TO WISH FOR YOUR SIBLINGS BACK!" I take a deep breath and continue a little slowly now, tears streaming down my face. Angry ones.
"You don't know what it's like to be abandoned by the people you once loved. You don't know what it's like to be bullied for only having one parent and having your brothers leave you. You don't know what it's like to struggle for money." I finally look him in the eyes and say "You don't know me because you were never there." I say then I pick up my paintings and storm up the stairs, leaving all of them gaping.
Tired after all that's happened today, I place the paintings in my closet and head to take a warm shower.

After a warm shower, I get into my penguin PJ's.
*picture below*

After I change, I look at the three paintings I brought from the gang house: one was my mom's, another one of a sunflower field I visited with her and one of her holding me on the beach

After I change, I look at the three paintings I brought from the gang house: one was my mom's, another one of a sunflower field I visited with her and one of her holding me on the beach. It was a picture Cole took of us on there and I decided to paint it. Why Cole was with us when none of the others were? You will find out.
*paintings below*

Her mom's painting ⤴

Sunflower field's painting⤴

Her and her mom's painting on the beach ⤴

Some tears spring to my eyes at all the memories so I plop down onto my bed and cry myself to sleep, not bothering to check any messages or brush my teeth or even eat anything. I gladly get pulled into the comfort of sleep.

Lucas's POV
(this took place after Katie went up the stairs after the fight BTW)
We all are stunned into silence. Katie- our Katie, had stayed up to wish for us to come back been bullied and even struggled with mom for money. And we weren't there for her. Even worse, we were the reason of all of that happening to her. But we all thought she was happy.
"You are an idiot." Cole grits out to Alex after a while.

Cole's POV
"You are an idiot." I grit out to Alex.
"You don't believe her do you?" He says.
I go up to him and maintain eye contact with him.
"You know why she is more comfortable with me than all of you?" I ask them. No one utters a word so I continue. "Because I never wanted to leave them but you guys forced me. But I still visited them every weekend and whatever she said was totally true. Everything of it. Yet I couldn't save her. I know why dad left. What he was protecting her from. But I won't tell you. Because she said she will tell you when she trusts you. But you aren't giving her any reason to. So yeah congratulations for being the worst brothers ever." I spat at them, venom laced in my every word. I love my brothers but what my sister went through for them is not okay.
"You went to visit her? Even though we told you not to?" Blake says.
I scoff. "Of course that's what you pick up on. And I didn't have to listen to you. Dad allowed me." I glared at him and he glared back, not saying anything.
"Is it true?" Jayden asks. "What she said?"
I just nod.
"Well have fun being even worse brothers am gonna go check on her and then head to bed. Don't even think of coming up she doesn't wanna meet you, trust me." I say to them and head upstairs. Bloody b*stards.

Alex's POV
It was all lies. Right? She can't be so troubled. We told everyone not to bully her. Did no one listen? And dad said he was sending them money. But after he died what went wrong? Did she really want us back? But why did she never contact us? Did I fail to protect her? Did we all? With all these dark questions in my head I head upstairs and resist the urge to check on her.
Why should I? I am sure it was all lies. But something told me it wasn't but I decided to ignore it.
I just plop down onto bed and let a light sleep consume me.

Jayden's POV
Our baby sister. The light of our life. Went through all of that and we didn't do anything for her? Guilt knaws at my heart. Luca and Al head upstairs and Blake heads to his office as well. So I decide to head into my room and let sleep succumb me into it's slumber.

Blake's POV
There's more to what she has been through. I could tell. Alex thinks she's lying but she isn't. She's been through so much and regret fills me as I realise I failed to protect her. I will protect you this time. I promise.
.
.
.
.
Hope you liked this chapter!
Vote
Comment