Ch-6:You Never Cared

Katie's POV
It took us four hours to get there. Four hours! Can you believe that? I was driving in the speed limit due to the cop car behind me and it annoyed the hell outta me.
Anyway we are in the police station now, waiting for one of my brothers to come pick me up.
"Katie?" the police officer, Sara,asks.
"Yeah?"
"Someone is here to pick you up."
I turn my head around to see a middle aged man. Definitely not any of my brothers.
"Hello Miss River I am Apollo, your driver."
I just nod and say,"Well Apollo do you have any way to take my bike with you or do I have to ride it? Oh and please call me Katie."
"I can take the bike later from here after I drop you."
"Sounds good." with that, I take my luggage, bid goodbye to the police officer and get into the car.
Ngl, it's comfy asf.
"Apollo no offence to you but how rich are my brothers exactly to afford a driver?"
He chuckles.
"Very rich. They run the most successful business in all of New York."
I just nod.
"Katie I know it's a personal question but I wanted to know why you never lived with your brothers?"
"I loved them, Apollo. But then someone came into our life and took them away from me. They abandoned me and my mom because of my dad and the child he had with another woman." I get it out with gritted teeth and white knuckles.
"Oh I am so sorry."
I smile at him through the mirror. I feel like I can trust Apollo and bother to show him some of my emotions.
"It's okay you didn't know."
He smiles back and nods and goes back to driving.
*after another half an hour.*
"Katie.We are here."
I look outside the car and holy f*ck.My brothers own a fricking mansion.
"Thank you, Apollo." I give him a small smile and get out.
"Miss Katie your luggage will be taken to your room."
I just nod at him and ring the doorbell.
I wonder how they will react.Maybe I should just go back say I don't wanna be here. What if...
Suddenly the door opens.
"Oh hello dear you must be Katie. I am Samantha, one of the maids."
Maids??! I just nod at her and she motions for me to come in.
"All your brothers are waiting for you in the kitchen."
"All of them?"
"Yes."
Not gonna lie, I am actually kind of nervous because meeting the people you met 12 years ago, and have hated since they abandoned you will put anyone's nerves in a twist.
"Master Rivers here is Katie."
With that, Samantha leaves the kitchen leaving us in an awkward silence.
"Why are you called Katie and not Katherine? And why did you change your name from River to Hale after mom died and now to Wilter when you were adopted?" Alex angrily spats.
Anger courses through me.
"Well maybe you would have known if you hadn't abandoned us. I changed it to Hale because that was mom's last name and then I changed it to Wilter because my foster parent wanted me to." I spat back as much angrily.
"Watch your tone, girl." Alex says.
Suddenly, I feel a pain course through me. Realising that I haven't had my painkillers  in hours, I decide to stay quiet in front of Alex.
He smirks. Jerk.
"It's good to have you back, Katherine." Blake says.
Katherine.The name Blake chose for me.
I don't say anything.
Suddenly, am engulfed in a group hug by three people.
Lucas. Jayden. Cole.
"We missed you, tesero." Luca-Lucas says.
I get out of their hug and say, "Not the other way round."
"Katherine my office. We need to discuss some rules." Oh hell no buddy.
"Discuss them here then." I challenge.
His eyes seem to darken but he nods.
He motions for me to sit and everyone sits around and dining table,including me.
"So rule number one..." he starts.
"Wait." I say.
"Yes...?" he says, definitely not happy to be interrupted.
"First, I won't have a curfew. Second, you cannot ground me for getting detention or getting into trouble. Third, you won't send bodyguards with me or make one of the bro-boys to tag along with me whenever I go out. You will respect my privacy and not boss me around because you are older. You don't just get respect because you are older, you earn it. And for you all to get respect, you all have to respect me as well." I finish with the same cold mask in the beginning. "Oh and you will not question where I go and not scold me for cursing and not question me if I miss school and not discriminate my clothes and outfits."
"And what makes you think we will agree to all of that?" Blake says. I smirk.
"Because unless you agree to all of those, I can either go to the orphanage or the police station. Choice is yours."
"Bullsh-"Alex starts but Blake cuts him off.
"Fine. But we have some rules of our own."
I nod for him to continue.
"No boyfriends."
I scoff. I look into his eyes and say, "Don't have one, don't want one, don't need one." he nods.
"Maintain your grades like in your old school." I nod.
"And tell anyone of your brothers if you are going out. You don't need to tell them where just let them know that you will be going out. Got it?" I nod.
"So..." Cole starts.
I look at him.
"Why do you not smile or something? Except smirk you don't show an ounce of emotions." He asks.
I smirk."Well you see,  the first few weeks after you guys left, I was devastated. So was mom. Mom had it worse than me so I had to bottle up my emotions and be strong for her. So I learned how to keep my emotions in check and showed them only to the people that care."
"But we really care about you, bambina (babygirl)." Lucas says.
I scoff."Don't call me that and for a start, you all never cared."
Suddenly, my phone screen lights up and a smile instantly lights up my face when I see who is calling.
Mase.  I think as I pick up.
"Big brother!" I almost yell.
"When were you going to tell me you moved closer to us, little sister?"
"Uh..tonight?"
He laughs. "I will call ya later I just called to check you were okay I have a fight to oversee. Bye love you!"
"Bye love you too!"
~call hangs up~
"Who was that?" Jayden asks.
"Mase."
"Mase who?"
"The guy who acted as my big brother." I say with smile.
"Hungry?" Lucas asks.
I nod.
He brings out pasta and we all start to eat.

Alex's point of view
It hurt when she said we never cared and when she called that guy her big brother. I never wanted to leave her. Seeing her eating the pasta with a small smile that is on her face because of someone else makes me jealous. Yes, I am jealous. She has always been my sorrelina (sweetheart) and always will be. But she doesn't have to know that.
(a/n: Yet ;))

Lucas's point of view
It hurt to see my bambina so affected by us leaving. But we cared. We always have. It hurt me when she told me not to call her bambina.I have missed her. And I have never shown her that and maybe that's she probably hates me. It was all my fault.

Jayden's POV
My little rosa (little rose) is finally home and yet I can't hold her in my arms. I missed her but whenever we called her house, her foster father always said that either she was busy or that she didn't wanna talk to us. She said we never cared. But we did. We still do. And we always will.

Cole's POV
My amore (love) was back. With us. At home. But still she felt so far away. I remember the day we left because of Dad and Martha. Dad didn't wanna leave but he said it was for Katie-no-Katherine's own safety. Martha always used to go back there to meet them but we never could because she said she didn't wanna meet us. So we complied. I know what Dad was protecting her from and I hope she was protected. I missed her. So much.

Blake's POV

Something happened to my tesero (treasure) during the years we missed out of her life. I am sure the others are thinking about how she's back but I noticed. The way she masks her emotions, the way she keeps tugging at her sleeves and specially the way she flinches when one of us raises our hands. If I didn't know better I would have thought she was abused. But she is here now. And that's all that matters.
.
.
.
.
.
Hey guys!!! So this chapter I wanted to show how all the brothers felt and I know it isn't that good but I will try to improve in the next chapters I promise!
Thank you for choosing "It hurts"!
☆♡☆

Vote
Comment
Share