Ch-5:A New Start

Katie's POV
I wake up to the extremely annoying sound of my alarm clock ringing.
I drag myself out of bed and have a cold shower to wake me up and in case you are wondering, yes, it works.
I quickly choose an outfit and head outside.
(her outfit)

I quickly grab a coffee and some donut holes on way and manage to eat them both without spilling them on myself

I reach school at 7:15 so I decide to directly head to my first class of torture of the day: Calculus.
I take my seat at the back and text with Daisy until the teacher comes.
Daisy and Aridra start school after next week as they go to the school on their side of the city.
Finally, the teacher walks in.
*time skip to lunch*
When finally the holy bell to lunch rings, I go into the cafeteria and even though it's sad to not have my best friends, I keep my chin up knowing they wouldn't want me to be sad.
I get two slices of pizza and a sprite and head to our usual table.
Just as I set the food down and am about to sit, someone slaps my a**.Oh no buddy you didn't. Wrong move.
Faster than you can say oh, I turn around and twist the arm of the guy who slapped my a**.
"Ow ow ow!" he yelps.
"I haven't seen you before. Looks like you are new what's your name, buddy?" I ask, as if I am not twisting his arm right now.
"Mike Crain."
"Well Mikey since you are New am letting you go but know that everyone here knows not to mess with me. And the next time you even try to touch a girl without her consent, remember this. Got it?"
"Ow let me go!"
"I said, Got It?!"
"Yes yes I got it please let me go." I let him go and with that he scurries away and I snicker.
Suddenly I realise that everyone is looking at me.
"Go back to your business!" I snap.
Everyone gazes away.
With a self-satisfied smirk, I sit down and eat my food in peace, no one bothering me anymore.
*time skip to the last class.*
It's finally time for the last and my favourite class of the day: Art!
I hurry inside and take a seat at the absolute back.
The teacher walks in and tells us to draw whatever we want to.
I happily oblige.
*after an hour and 55 minutes later*
(class is two hours long btw)
Grinning at my painting, I can proudly say that I have improved.
(painting below)

I hand in my painting to the teacher

I hand in my painting to the teacher. I thank her when she praises me and head back home.
*at home*
The moment I step inside my house, I rush to my room and take a warm shower. What? I am exhausted and a warm shower always calms me down.
Coming out of the shower, I slip into something more comfy.

I sit down to do my calculus homework(which is pretty easy btw) and after completing it I decide to order pizza and Netflix and chill

*after a couple of hours*
After watching Netflix for a couple of hours I clean up everything and head upstairs, totally exhausted.
Sleep pulls me into its embrace the moment my head hits the pillow and I close my eyes.

*Major time skip to Friday*
I was just chilling in my room waiting for him to come back since he always comes back on Fridays, when I hear the doorbell ring.
Weird.He never rings the doorbell he has a set of his own keys. I think.
Nonetheless, I walk downstairs to open the door thinking he lost his keys or something, but no, it's not him it's a police officer.
"Hello.Are you Katie Wilter?"
"Um..yes I am,why?"
"Oh honey. Your father was in an accident. It was a hit-and-run case.He...He didn't survive it."
"Oh."I say as I process all this.But I don't let my emotions show. Being a gangleader taught me to never show my emotions unless and until you trust the person with your life.
"So will I be going back to the orphanage now?" I ask the officer. Sara is written on her nametag.
"Oh honey no. We were able to find someone related to you. Your brothers."
I blink twice."Brothers?" I tried to forget my brothers.
"Yes. I don't know they hadn't taken you in earlier but the eldest one of them, Blake has agreed to be your legal guardian.So go and pack your stuff and get ready in 15 minutes okay?"
I nod and motion for her to come in.
I let her sit in the living room and go upstairs to get ready.
George is dead. No more abuse.
I have to live with the brothers who abandoned mom and me. Who left us.
Do I have a chance to have a family?I don't have any hope.
I quickly change into better clothes and pack my things.
(her outfit)

I remember to take the phone my mom gifted me

I remember to take the phone my mom gifted me.It was an Iphone 6 and seeing as she gave it to me when I was really small, all I used it was for pictures of her and me.But now I know how to use it so I do. It was her last gift to me and it has all of mine and her pictures in it. I never let go of it; it's my most treasured possession.
I go downstairs and realise I don't know where my brothers live.
"Excuse me, officer?"
"Yes?"
"Where are we going, exactly?"
"Oh honey your brothers live in the other side of New York."
My eyes go wide and I say, "Can I ride my bike there?"
She thinks for a moment.
"Sure. Just give me your luggage and can you meet us at the police station there?"
I just nod and hand her my luggage except my backpack.
I get onto my bike, not even bothering to glance back at the house I called home, and I drive away.
To a new start. With the people who abandoned me. With the people I hate.