Cold Dreams (P.3)

"Hmmmm... let me see... Y/N and Isaac, you two are partners for this next major grade!" Ms. Humfrey, your ELA teacher, chirps. The world around you seems to freeze. Maybe ignoring Isaac Lahey was going to harder than you thought. A lot harder and you are not prepared for this.

The bell rings and you rush out of class. Chyna catches up to you.

"Oh honey! I'm so sorry! I wish I could help!" she hugs you.

"No, it's okay. I knew this would happen anyways." You shrug her away as you enter the gym change room. You quickly change into your blue gym shorts and black tank top. Jogging out of the change room you find yourself on the lacrosse field. Quickly you warm up.

"Hey." You hear behind you. You ignore the voice and continue your warm up. The figure plops down in front of you. It's... yep, go on say it-you guessed right... Isaac.

"What do you want?" you spit at him.

"I want to fuck you." He answers. Your eyes widen and your jaw drops. "God, calm down... I'm kidding. I was just wondering if you wanted to meet up to work on the English project." He continues.  You scowl at him and get up. Without another word you leave him there and walk towards the Coach and the rest of the class. "So you're ignoring me?" he asks as he catches up to you.

"Isaac if only you'd stop talking to your girlfriend maybe I could explain to you what we're doing today!" Coach says in his usual tone; which is a mix of cranky and sarcastic.

"Sorry Coach! I was just trying to understand why Y/N here is ignoring me!" he responds. Embarrassed, your cheeks turn red. You try to pay attention to the coach but you mind keeps lingering to thoughts about the man standing next to you. Isaac has his eyes on Coach. His hands are behind him and his legs stand far apart from each other. Your eyes take in Isaac, he really was beautiful. "Ya know I-"he starts.

"Shut it." You interrupt. Taken back, he grins.

"Partner?" Isaac asks offering his hand.

"No." you reply and walk off. "Danny! How would you like to be my partner today?" you ask.

"Sure!" Danny offers his hand and you take it, smirking at your victory. Gym flies by quick and soon school itself is over. You walk to your car alone. Chyna is staying after school for something with her cheerleading squad. Yeah... she's one of those perfect body cheerleader girls. The only sport you enjoy doing is running. You love to run. You love the fresh air running through your body, the burning feeling in your lungs and thighs but most of all you love the feeling of freedom. Instead of unlocking your car and hopping in, you walk back into the school.

"CHY!" you call at your friend.

"Oh hey!" she comes running.

"Here. After practice drive my car home. I'm going running!" you grin at her and plop your keys in her open palm.

"Got it!" she smiles to herself. You jog out of the building. As soon as you break into the sunlight, your legs start pumping and you run; running past beeping cars waiting to leave the school parking and the stupid freshman making out near the bike rack. You laugh at their stupidity. Any second now, their mom will pull up to the curb and yell at them and embarrassing them and we'll make fun of that moment for the rest of their high school career! It's a cycle and it never stops. You run right through a 'no walking sign' ignoring all the cars beeping at you. 

"What are you trying to kill yourself?" you hear a voice beside you. Yes, yes... it's Isaac. You come to a stop.

"Why?" You ask him.

"Why what?" he narrows his eyes.

"Why are you everywhere? I turn to my left, oh look! It's Isaac Lahey! I turn to my right, oh look! It's Isaac Lahey! I take a spaceship to the MOTHER FUCKING MOON AND YOU'LL STILL BE THERE!" you explode. Suddenly the earth goes silent. The noise of traffic seems to have drowned out. Suddenly it's just you and Isaac. "I'm trying so hard to ignore you... but I can't... you're everywhere." You whisper.

"I'm sorry..." he whispers back.

"No, don't be. It's my fault." You look down and fumble with your hands. "Since I can't ignore you... I won't try." You look up at Isaac. His eyes haven't budged from your face. You turn around and start to jog down the street.  Then you stop and turn back to face Isaac. His eyes are focused on the ground in front of him. "Isaac?" you call.

"Yeah?" He looks up.

"You coming?" you ask. His face lights up and he nods quickly and catches up to you.

A/N: Hey! I was to lazy to post his yesterday, sorry! But i hope you like this part! I personally like this part alot! the next part is kind of... idrk how to describe it but I hope you guys like it so far!! XO

Love you guys, Rue