paul

Lisa
'59
҂

She fingered with the end of her blue dress, as she tapped her foot on the tiled flooring.

The barman set her drink down in front of her, just as her friend entered.

"Mary!" she waved, hugging the other girl tightly.

"Sorry i'm late...when do they start?" she asked motioning to the empty stage that sat at the front of the room.

"Any minute now" lisa winked just as the five boys walked out.

People clapped as John began speaking into the crappy mic, that didn't actually help with the volume of his voice.

Mary's eyes were locked on George as the boy finished tuning his guitar, while Lisa smiled waving at her friend Stuart.

"He's always watching ye', i swear it!" Mary demanded pointing at Paul, who was in fact staring at the girl.

As the boys short performance came to a close, the two girls couldn't keep the grins from their faces, they never got tired of their music.

The girls had always watched the boys when ever they performed, Mary really did like George, so they weren't surprised when the boys came over.

The four boys slid in the both next to the pair of girls.

"So ladies, good show?" John winked, obviously making Mary blush, "it was okay, i guess?" Lisa teased, the boy mocked being hurt placing a hand over his heart.

Stuart approached carrying enough beer for us all, Lisa stood up slowly.

"I actually have to head home" lisa said nodding sadly as Mary pouted, "walk with?" she asked, Mary looked over at George who was smirking slightly, before shaking her head "i'll stay a little longer...stay safe" she finished.

And so Lisa began the walk home, alone.

"Wait!" a voice called

"What're ye' up to Paul?" she asked as he stepped infront of her, "can't let a beautiful lady, like you, walk home alone" he smiled linking an arm through hers.

"thanks" she said quietly, the boy nodded.

҂

The walk was quiet apart from the light sound of Paul's humming, the two walked in silence.

"I was wondering...Lisa...if ye' wanted to go out, with me?" he asked as they stopped outside the girls house.

The girl looked down "i don't know...'ve heard stories" she trailed off, he raised an eyebrow confused.

"I mean- you are known for using girls, Paul" she said sheepishly, the boy looked off for a minute.

"Give me one chance, 'll prove you wrong" he confirmed, kissing her cheek before strutting in the opposite direction.

"Wait! Where are we meeting?!" she asked, getting a laugh in return.