ringo

darcy
'67
҂

After eight gruelling hours of pain and screaming, the women watched in content as she held the little boy in her arms.

Her little boy.
She couldn't get over that she was a mother.

Darcy was alone during the birth, her husband Richard was in London at the time of her water-breaking, while she was in Liverpool staying with her parents.

Richard felt terrible on the drive down, immediately abandoning work at the studio, which obviously upset John. But Ringo didn't care. He was going to be a dad! And the women he loved was all alone while having their little baby.

Once she had fed the new born, she had him lay in between her legs as she flicked through a bame book.

They hadn't found oit the gender, so they didn't have any specific names planned. Darcy was keen on calling him Richard, after his dad.

Much to her dismay, she knew ringo would not allow it.

҂

Out of nowhere the hospital door slammed open.

Before the man ran in rather sheepishly.

"I am so sorry" he whispered as he knelt down beside his wife's bed, the women smiled as she nodded "did you finish recording the song?" she teased, the man shook his head, as he wiped her tears.

"I am so sorry-"

"I know rich, do you not want to meet your little boy?" she asked as she slowly got out of bed.

Ringo gasped before a huge grin took over his face, muttering a quick 'its a boy' before gasping as the women carried his little bundle of joy over, placing him in his father's arms.

"He's perfect" he said as he brushed his thumb over the babies short hair, and adjusting the babies gown.

"You did great, princess" he whispered as he lent up kissing the women who now stood with her camera capturing the moment.

҂

"We need to pick a name, rich" she said quietly as she put the baby down, a knitted blanket made by Elsie lay over his tiny form.

Richard admired his wife, watching her every move, almost taking notes.

You see, he was never great with babies, atleast not babies this small. He preferred being able to run around with them and fling them over his shoulder as he tickled them ruthlessly.

You couldn't do that with a baby this small.

But Darcy...she was great. She'd adjusted to the role of being a mum quicker than he ever could. He couldn't get enough of her.

Once the women finished kissing the baby's forehead, she walked over to the bed were Ringo sat, groaning in discomfort.

"Slowly, birdie" he said quietly, as he helped her into the bed.

"The doctor said you shouldn't even be out of bed-" ringo was interrupted "what should we call him?" darcy repeated making the man chuckle.