george

salene
'64
҂

It was December first, a few months had past since Salene's love had gone on tour with his band, they were on top of the world just now.

Rumoured to be worth 1 million American dollars by the end of the year, the boys had made it!

Back home George had left his high school sweetheart, Salene.

Every Friday the girl would wait by the door, perched on the stairs, waiting for the mail man to deliver the letters, and this week was no different.

҂

It was a usual Friday for the nineteen year old girl, she walked her usual way home bumping into her usual friends on the way.

The girl sped up as she realised the time, George's mail would arrive at four, meaning she only had ten minutes to be home in time.

The girl arrived at her, rather small, family home. She waved to her next-door neighbour Elsie, as she walked past. She would stop and speak to her sometimes, usually about her son, Ringo, and the crazy stuff the boys were getting up to abroad.

The girl jamp as the door went, she ran over cracking it open to see a small cardboard box with a few letters on top.

The girl smiled as she looked over the sealed envelope.

Messy hearts were drawn all over, along with kisses and hugs.

'Postman, postman, don't be slow, i'm in love with Sal, so go man, go!' was scribbled messily along the top, making the girl giggle.

She took the bundle of post upstairs to her room, chucking herself back onto her bed and carefully opening the first letter.

She had kept everyone he had ever written in a small silk box under her bed, hoping that one day she could read them to her future kids, or whenever she had to remind herself just how much the young man loved her.

The girl grinned excitedly as she began reading.

҂

'hello, my love!

I'm writing from Washington, can you believe it? Me and you? Opposite sides of the world yet so far yet so so close.

I miss you, love. All the time. I think about you when I'm on stage, when I'm in bed, when I'm in the shower, even during rehearsals.

I miss every little thing about you. I miss the way you play with my hair as i fall asleep, i miss watching you study for school, i miss going down the cavern every saturday, and walking back to yours with a bag of chips. I miss being able to take you on our dates to the fields, we still can! but it isn't the same, with those bastards and their stupid cameras following us around.

John's pretty depressed yknow? missing the little man...he told me you took him to the park the other day, how is he?

I'm sorry my letter was a day late last week, Ring's used up the last of the ink to write to his mum. While talking about mum's, have you heard from mine??? I miss her, almost as much as i miss you.

My two favourite girls.

I cannot wait to get my hands on your famous christmas tree cookies! save me some please?? or mail them to me! in a big box with hugs and kisses

I must go...Eppy's moaning 'bout tuning a guitar or some shite.

I love you.

p.s. Paul says he misses you and merry christmas!

p.p.s Rich also says he misses you and merry christmas.

p.p.p.s John says he does not miss you.

p.p.p.p.s John says he was only joking and hopes you're keeping liddypool in check!'

҂

The girl laughed at the boy's writing and folded the letter back inside the, now crumpled, envelope.

She couldn't believe it was possible to miss anybody as much as she missed George. It still didn't feel real, having her boyfriend's face all over the tabloids.

As the girl stood up from her place on the bed, another piece of paper fell from her hand, when she picked it up she recognised the handwriting immediatly, unfolding the stained piece.

҂

'Dear Salene,

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love U I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you like mad I do I do I love you I love you yes yes yes I do love you Sal its you I love.

I love you Salene Frank I love you.
George Harrison loves S. Frank
saline saline saline saline saline
I love you I love you I love you have fun without me you hear? (not too much)

I love you like guitars I love you like anything lovely lovely lovely lovely Sal 

I love lovely Salene Slamee I love you. You are my wonderful I adore you I want you I love you I need you  don't go I love you Happy Xmas Merry chrimbo I love you I love you I love you Salene Sal Sal Sal Sal Sal Sal Sal is lovely.

By George George George George I love you.

love, Your Georgie

xxxxxxxxxxxx'

҂

The world didn't deserve this sweet, sweet, man. And she hadn't missed him more than she did in that moment.

Only three more weeks until he would be home in time for christmas.

҂
The second letter is actually written by John to Cynthia, and i thought it was super sweet and decided to write about it!

Isn't my best but hope you like it :)

(here's the one John wrote)