george

carrie
'59-64
҂

Helpless giggles floated her memory.

Two teenagers no older than eighteen running through the poor streets of Liverpool.

George's hand was intertwined with the girl's who's short blonde hair blew in the wind as the pair ran pointlessly down the streets.

Neither realizing just how much their lives were going to change.

George's suitcase and guitar were thrown on the deck of the large boat, the rest of the band and fellow passenger's stood aboard the large ferry.

The young man turned to the girl taking his face in his hands, "i'll see you in a few weeks, love" he grinned pecking her lips before walking over to his bandmates.

Carrie ran along side the boat as it pulled out slowly from its space on the water, George blew kisses to the girl, despite his friends endless teasing.

She waved until she couldn't wave any longer.

҂

Carrie didn't hear from the boy for about a month after that, there were no letters or notes or exchanges between the young couple.

She kept trying to make excuses.

He's just busy...

He doesn't have time to get any ink...

The mail man must be stealing the letters...

But Cynthia was getting letters, every-week she got a letter from John. Carrie pretended she recieved the same, she never did.

It wasn't until a Sunday morning one October evening when the doorbell went, she saw his face at the door.

"George..." she froze upon his appearance he was slimmer, if that was possible, his usual cigarette hung loosely on his lips and his hair was gelled neatly.

"Carrie" he smiled he moved forward, Carrie did aswell.

Her heart broke a little as he pecked her cheek.

"I have to tell you something..." he trailed off, Carrie nodded putting on a brave face to cover her anxious-ness.

"Well do you want to come in? Mum just put out some Sheppards pie- and i think there's pudding in the fridge. Homemade! Your favouri-"

"There's somebody else" he stated, looking down in shame.

The man who she had, had all of her firsts with, the man she told everything to, the man she loved...was leaving her?

"I- look i didn't want to- it wasn't planned, y'know?"

Carrie nodded, "i was just, i uh- i needed to get my stuff" he said sheepishly.

Carrie nodded again, still stiff from the news.

She snapped out of it as George tried to step in the house, she closed the door slightly, "i'll uh- i'll get it" she smiled tightly.