DARIO

The next day, everyone is busy. Para kuno sa paghahanda sa pag-uwi ko. I called Hannah too, to be inform that I will visit the company.

"Talaga Sir? Mabuti naman po at maayos na ang lagay niyo. Should I set a meeting po?" masayang tugon niya.

"That's a good idea. Hindi din naman ako magtatagal diyan." sambit ko. May ipinaalala pa ako sa kaniya bago patayin ang tawag.

"Are you sure you are going to your company? You can stay in our house for today, you know?" Mom suggested.

I can't just sit there. "Mom, I'd been lying down for nearly four weeks. I need to do this not just to check the company but also to activate myself. Maayos na po ako ngayon. Huwag na po kayo mag-alala."

Tumango na lang si Mommy. "Just be okay there. Don't do work already."

I just kissed her cheek and leave immediately to go to the company.

"Welcome back, Sir." salubong ni Hannah na nginitian ko lang.

"Okay lang ba ang kompanya ng wala ako?" tanong ko habang naglalakad kami papasok.

The employees are either shock or happy, but I just focus on what Hannah is saying.

"Binibisita naman po ni Mr. Santiago ang kompanya to guide the employees. Maayos naman po ang lahat but the meeting today is to update you of what is the progress of the company." paliwanag ni Hannah.

Tumango lamang ako hanggang makarating kami sa conference room. Sinalubong kaagad ako ng mga bati at kamustahan. After that, the meeting started.

"The graphics team are starting to plan for a new game. But the creation of the game will start when you are okay Sir. Now that you are here, we have the portfolio for the new game and we will send it to you." paliwanag ng Head of Graphics Team.

"What is the new game about?" I asked authoritatively.

Tumikhim muna siya bago sumagot. "It's about heroes that will protect a place by some supernatural beings. But it is well- explained in the portfolio, Sir."

I just nod. There is no need to explain because I can read it in the portfolio.

"It's okay. I just went here to be updated about the progress and new things in the company. I just recovered, so I can't strain myself. Pero about the new game, I will review it at ipaparating ko kay Hannah kung may kailangan bang ayusin at baguhin. I hope the company will do well even though I am not around because I need to be with my fiancé. I trust your skills." paliwanag ko. I don't need to elaborate what are the things that I will do at the hospital, because it is personal.

May iba pa akong binilin bago matapos ang meeting.

"Okay, the meeting's adjourn. You can go back to your work." saad ko at isa-isa. I am readying myself to leave when Hannah enter and said something.

"Sir, Mrs. Santiago is waiting at your office. She said, she wants to talk to you. And the meeting ends almost lunch time. Ano pong gusto niyong kainin?" sabi nito.

Deja vu

"Thank you. I will be there." sabi ko na lang. I will not be surprise, if she will say that Tita Lita and Tito Andrius will visit here. That made me chuckle.

I stand up and started to walk towards my office.

"Dario? Sabi mo hindi ka nagtrabaho?" inis na tanong ni Mommy. Natawa na lang ako. She acts as if I did a leaden job.

I kissed her cheek. "Mom, we just see each other earlier. And please, chill. We just had a meeting."

"Kahit na, sabi mo mag-u-update ka lang." sagot niya.

I sat on my chair first. "You're just hungry, Mom. By the way, Hannah said you want to talk to me. What is it all about?"

Umupo na din siya sa upuan sa harap ng lamesa ko. "I just want to say that you're Tita Lita and Tito Andrius will visit you." Napatayo ako sa sinabi ni Mommy.

"What's the problem?" pagtataka niya. Tumawa ako ng mapakla.

"I knew it. I knew it!" halos pasigaw kong sabi.

Mas lalong kumunot ang noo ni Monmy. "Ano bang nangyayari sayo?"

I laugh like a madman.

"Stop it, Darius Emmanuel." galit na utos ni Mommy. "Based on the test, wala namang problema na sayo. Kaya, bakit ka nagkakaganiyan?"

I stop laughing because I know Mom's serious now.

"Let's eat, Mom. Saan mo gusto? Sa restaurant o sa bahay na lang?" tanong ko. I neglect the idea that my cousin will be here also. After what my doctor said, the art of mind might be a sign or a message.

Mom gave me 'You are crazy' look. "Sa bahay na lang, para makapagpahinga ka din." I just nod at naglakad na kami paalis. I talk to Hannah again about what she will do while I am not here.

"... but don't worry. I will supervise through my laptop." sabi ko.

Tumango siya. "Okay lang po, Sir. Sana po gumaling na si Ma'am Alice."

We leave the company thereafter.

I need ask my Mom when is Tita and Tito will arrive and if Kervin is with them.

"Mom, may I ask?" kuha ko ng kaniyang pansin habang nasa sasakyan kami. But I am not the one whose driving because I just came from the hospital because of car accident.

Hinarap niya ako."What?"

"Kasama ba si Kervin sa pagbisita nila dito?" tanong ko at agad siyang tumango.

"Of course, after learning that you and Alice encountered an accident, he is worried about the both of you."

I looked outside. I need to know what is happened to them. Mama said they were once best friends but they didn't hang out afterwards.

Our ride to our home is full of thinking.

"Oh Kuya, akala ko magtatagal ka sa kompanya mo?" tanong ni Melissa na naabutan naming kumakain na.

Daddy is not here because he is doing something about his company's new project.

"He can't stay there because he can't strain his body." Mom answered instead. Umupo na lang ako at nagsimula ng kumain.

"Kuya are you all right?" biglang tanong ni Melissa. Maybe, she saw that I am like, lose.

"I am good. I am just thinking." sagot ko at pinagpatuloy ang pagkain.

When Kervin arrives in my dream, Alice cried and became miserable. She wept too much, because of his presence.

"Mom?" I paused. "Why is Kervin needs to be here?"

Kumunot ang noo niya. "Because he is worried about his cousin. What do you think it is?"

"He doesn't need to be here." I answered seriously.

"Kuya, that's absurd." singit ni Melissa.

"Don't be ridiculous, Dario. He is your cousin. And you two, are close." Mom said as if what I just said is unbelievable.

It's true that we are close, but on my dream, when he showed up, my wonderful dream came to end, the thought made me shiver.

Is that a sign?