DARIO

A loud noise, like a group of people is singing, awakened me.

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday, Dear Dario, Happy Birthday to you." kanta nila. And there's my love, Melissa, Mama, Mommy, Daddy, Tita Lita, Tito Andrius, and Kervin.

My love is holding a cake, Kervin and Melissa are holding a tarpaulin, there's my picture there and a Happy Birthday Dario and Happy 13th Anniversary and Mom is holding a small box with a ribbon on the top of it.

I am beyond shock and of course joyful because of their surprise for my special day.

"Tumayo ka diyan Kuya, nakakangalay dito." maarteng sabi ni Melissa.

Tumayo na ako at lumapit sa kanila.

"Happy Birthday my love, and Happy 13th Anniversary. I love you very much. But first, make a wish." nakangiting bati ni Alice.

I looked at all of them first before settling my eyes to Alice.

"I wish that you will recover wholly and you'll deliver our baby safely."

Sumimangot siya. "The wish should be for yourself, not mine."

I kissed her lips. "That's my wish."

Tikhim ang nag-paalala sa akin na may kasama kami.

"Stop cheesiness, we don't do that here." Kervin snorted. I gawk at him.

"Stop it you too. And Kervin, it is your cousin's birthday. Treat him very well." saway ni Tita Lita.

Mom got my attention. "Anak, here is my simple gift for you. Actually, this is from Alice, but wala na akong maibigay sayo. I hope you'll appreciate it. Happy Birthday anak, always remember that Daddy and I are here for you. I love you, Dario."

I smiled and kissed her cheeks. "I'll open this later."

Greetings are showered from my love ones.

"Kumain muna tayo, napadalhan ko na lahat ng tao dito sa ospital ng pagkain kaya, tayo naman ang kakain." anunsiyo ni Mama.

That shocks me. "You mean to say Mama, lahat ng tao, hanggang pinakataas na dulo?"

"Yes, Dario, nagpaluto kami ng Mommy mo kanina ng madaming pagkain. Para sa mga tao dito." she answered calmly.

"Anak, we thought about sharing the blessings since we are here. Kaya naman madami ang ipinaluto." Dad explained as he see shock in my face.

They are now eating the foods while I am walking towards my love.

"Are you happy?" salubong niya.

I sat beside her. "I am really happy because I am with you. Happy 13th Anniversary, my love. Nakalimutan ko kanina na batiin ka. I love you so much."

She face me. "Thank you for all the things you've done for me. I am lucky and happy to be with you and I always be. You are a guardian angel that God sent me to guide me and protect me. Remember that I love you so much. You deserve so much."

That made my heart ache a little. I can't believe that being so happy and in love can cause your heart to ache.

I caress her cheek. "Thank you for everything too, my love. Thank you for the love. I will not stop loving you and I will forever, stay by your side as we build our own family."

That cause her to cry.

"You deserve so much, Dario. You are too wonderful and awesome. You are easy to love. Please, don't make your world revolve to mine, be happy always."