CHAP 17

Pearl's POV:

"Shit!! I think he is still inside we should go and help him." I said loading my guns. "Yeah!! I think you are right. quick come on let's go inside." We both start running back towards the building but Yoongi suddenly stops and takes my hand and we both hid behind some car. "Wha-" Yoongi quickly shushes me. "See there is horde of zombies inside the building." he said pointing towards the place. "But Jimin is still inside." I said looking back at him. "I know but now we cannot do anything. If we go inside it will clearly be a suicide." Yoongi muttered. I look back at building and then nod at him. A knot is already  forming inside my throat.

We quickly starts moving back towards the bus. There was heavy silence between us and no one wants to break it.  As soon as we got in the bus, Yoongi got in the driver's seat and I sat in behind one of the seats. Yoongi starts the bus and we left the abandoned mall complex with deadly silence in the atmosphere, no one uttered a word.

"Why no one is speaking and Why you guys run back to the building before?" I turn my head with the speed of light. "PARK JIMIN!!!!" I shouted approaching him in the back seat. Yoongi abruptly presses the break and look behind. And there sat Jimin with his face smudged in chocolate giving us a sheepish smile.

"Yaahh!! we thought you were still inside the building that's why we go back there!!" I shouted at him with teary eyes. "Jimin-ahh are you okay?" Yoongi come running towards him. "Yeah hyung and Pearl I am totally fine. I came back at the bus but then I saw you guys running back to the building. I thought that I should shout to you guys but it may be probably the bad idea that's why I get in the  bus and waited for you." Jimin said rubbing off the chocolate smudge on his mouth. I sigh in relief. Thank god he is fine...

"But why did you came last?" Yoongi asked. "Actually while running my eyes fell on the choco pie packets. And I really love it, so I thought to grab all of it." Jimin smiled sheepishly rubbing back oh his head. "You know you nearly gave us heart attack Jimin." Yoongi spoke sternly to him. "Sorry hyung " Jimin muttered. "It's okay Jimin sii as long you are fine." Jimin just have me an eye smile. 

We soon reach at home, "Took you long enough guys!!" Hoseok  muttered boringly flipping on the pages of some old magazine as we enter. " Yeah we have quiet a adventure there." Yoongi said falling straight on the couch. "Were you guys attacked? Are you guys fine?" Hoseok asked  looking at us. "Don't worry hobii we  are fine." I ressured him. 

"By the way Hoseok are they already out from the testing?" I asked. "No but soon." he answered back while again flipping  the magazine. 

Now I sat at the couch beside Hoseok flipping magazine waiting for Jin to come out from lab with some good news. "You got feelings for a zombie." Hoseok said without looking at me, with all his concentration on magazine. I widen my eyes "No-oo why do you think that haha" I stuttered  nervously. "Did you  say something Pearl? Sorry I was focused on this story." he said looking at me. I widen my eyes and gulped. "No I was just talking to myself." I laughed it off. Wheew that was a close call. "As you say" Hoseok smirked.

After sometime Jin comes out holding some paper and discussing things with Namjoon. I immediately  get up from my seat as I notice them. "How was the testing Jin?" I asked him with hopeful eyes. Jin looked at me and smiled. "I think that antidote has successfully worked on Taehyung. His dna is now  mutated  into a human one. Now we can say that Taehyung is human as us. But we still need to observe him." Jin finished and I nodded at him smiling widely. "That's great news. And what about Jungkook?" His smile falters slightly. "Nothing..we got neither good results nor bad results. I have tested his blood and there is no conversion in his cells." Jin said frowning slightly. I nodded at him. I have already expected this but I was still disappointed. "No problem Jin there is nothing we can do about this. I know that you have tried your best." Jin nodded at me. "Also dude now go and take some rest we have to leave tomorrow so you have to save some energy. And remember we also have to discuss about your plan of how to sneak Jungkook inside the base camp." I playfully pushed Jin upstairs towards his room.

As Jin disappear upstairs in his room I look at Namjoon and Hoseok  standing there staring at me. "Guys I am going to Jungkook Okay!!" they both nodded at me cutely and I just chuckled. I cannot believe that they are full grown man.

I slowly enters the room and saw Jungkook admiring neon lamp with wide doe eyes. I shake my head in amusement...this kid. "Hey Jungkook" I wave at him to catch his attention. Jungkook quickly turns his head at my direction and smile widely "Paarr..." I smile and walk to sit beside him. "How are you Jungkook?" I asked still smiling sweetly at him. "Now Fi..nne aas  parr come." He said holding my hand. I blushed at his statement..he knows how to flirt. I clear my throat to avoid any embarrassment. "I just come here cause I miss you." I said avoiding his gaze. This cause Jungkook's  smile to widen more if it is possible, his bunny teeths on full display. "I mi..ss paarr.. too" He said tightening his hold on my hand. "You know Jungkook we are leaving tomorrow for the base camp." I asked him. He nodded at me slowly. I gently cares his hand with my thumb. "You don't have to worry about anything Jungkook. We have to go there for our own safety. And I promise that we will all protect you. Nothing will going to happen to you. Okay?" Jungkook nodded at me smiling. "I trust parr.." he said looking at me with shining eyes. "We are together in this Jungkook. We will both protect each other." I said looking back at him with same twinkling eyes. Both of our eyes were exchanging our emotions that won't pass our lips.

And that night it is clear to me that I will protect Jungkook with anything. Even if it takes my life.

Author's Note:

Hello guys!! Another update. So how was the chapter? I hope you like it. Thank you so much for reading I love you all ❤❤❤ ....Stay safe and stay hydrated~~

-BreezyyyBoo