CHAP 25

Jungkook was stunned as he slowly peeked from the Pearl's shoulders noticing so many humans patrolling around while tightly holding her hands. It would be a lie if he says that he is not scared, he is just this close to shit in his pants. Never in his zombie life he has imagined to encounter so many humans. Humans can be really scary. 

Currently all of them were following Max to get their test done. Jungkook was prepared but he was not ready. He have to do this for all of them, he have to do this for Pearl. He cannot chicken out like this now. He slapped his cheeks few times just to gather himself. 

After walking for million years, they finally reached a very eerie looking part of the area which was exceptionally heavily guarded. Max stopped in front of the big iron gate. He turn around to have the eye contact with the others. "Here you will be tested. You total are eight people so two-two will be going with our officers for the procedure." He said sternly. "And you!" He said pointing at Jungkook "I will be in charge of yours." He smirked. 

"Then I will go testing with Jungkook." Pearl said folding her hands. "Anyone can go with him except you." He said, also folding his hands to mock her. "I have not asked I am telling you." She smirked. "I am in charge of here little girl. You are in no position to tell me." he said gravely, coming in front of her and making direct eye contact. "You are now crossing the limits sir. And yes we can decide with whom we want to go or not." Jin  spoke with authority coming in between them. "He is totally right and I think you are too close with the girl here and it surely doesn't suits your official status. Right!!" Yoongi smirked. 

Max scrunch his eyebrows as he notice his sub-ordinate officers eyeing him oddly. "You can go with him." He said gritting his teeth. "Thank you 'Sir'." She smirked. Jungkook who was previously shitting in his pants now was suddenly converted into a tiger as soon as Max get in close distance with the Pearl. If Jin have not jumped in the situation he would have definitely punched that man straight into his face but for now he just clenched his fist. His gaze was really fierce at that time.  

"Officers take them to the testing area and you come with me." He said pointing to Pearl and she just smirked in answer. She looked to her side and immediately a smile come to her face when she notice him. "Come Jungkook." She said softly holding his hand. He looked in her eyes and suddenly all oh his emotions calm down just by seeing her smile. He nodded at her smiling and tighten their grasp for reassurance.

They both followed Max inside the iron gates. After some walking, He take them to a room which was all white inside. It took some time for Jungkook to clearly see the room as for first few minutes he was nearly blinded by all the white light. "Sit there, doctors will come and take your blood samples." Max said pointing at the chairs at the corner of the room. Pearl takes Jungkook's hand and without any word went to sit on the chair. After few seconds the another door of the room opened and two people fully covered with the protection gear came to them. They have already syringes in their hands. One of them comes and stand in front of Jungkook and puts their hand forward. Jungkook with his big bambi eyes was staring at their hand and then at their face and then again at their hand. Pearl can notice that the person was slowly getting frustrated, she immediately takes his arm and put in the doctor's. "He grasp things little slowly haha." She laughed awkwardly. The doctor looked at her weirdly but without wasting any other time do their work by taking his blood sample. After his they also take her blood sample. And pack their things back.

"We will get the result in few minutes." The doctors said as they leave the room. Max nodded at them. "So now this is over should we start with introducing ourselves." Max smirked. Jungkook gulped noticing sinister expression on Max's face. 

He bring another chair and put it on front of them. "So should we start with the names huh." Max said sitting on the chair. "Myself Pearl and this is Jungkook." She said. "Nice to meet you Pearl but I have not asked you his name. So please let him speak hmm!" Max said with sarcastic smile plastered on his face. Pearl knew that she could not do anything to help Jungkook here so she just gulp all her anger in. "So gentleman! Would you please mind and introduce yourself." Max said while putting his elbows on his knees. Jungkook looked at him with a small smile and introduce himself. "Hi! I am Jeon Jungkook." 

Pearl was stunned, she has never known his full name, so how could he just think some random surname or was it his real name?  Even Jungkook was in the state of shock, he didn't knew how just the name came to his mind. He did not practiced his full name and he did not even encounter his any of the past memory. Maybe his mind have known this full name.

"Very well. Nice to meet both of you." Max clapped his hands. "So Pearl what was your life  before all of this pandemic?" Max asked. Pearl look at him and start reminiscing all her past life which she really take it for granted. "I was a student before. I had a nice family and loving friends. My life was pretty much average but beautiful. Once when I was in my class suddenly some government officials came and start evacuating the whole college. They were loading us in buses without telling us what was happening. I thought it must be some kind of drill and without any word went with them but as we were moving further away from the town I could notice that the people were not normal and roads were painted with blood. From there I and other students starts shouting to get us off the bus. But officials assured us that our families are safe. You already know never to trust people. From where they dropped all of us I could never find my family and friends. I don't even know whether they were alive or dead. I stayed there for few months but that camp was also attacked but I somehow survived and now here I am with these people who are now my only family." Pearl blink back her tears as she look back at Max.

Jungkook looked worriedly at her and start caressing her hands to provide some support. She look at him and give him a small nod with a smile. "Very well Miss Pearl. All of us have lost someone in this crisis. So you are not the only one I guess." He said secretly rolling his eyes. "Now Mr. Jeon can we hear your story. I am all ears." He said looking at Jungkook with raised eyebrows. Jungkook gulped. Pearl holds Jungkook's hand and smiled at him. After looking at Pearl he knew that he was ready now and he cannot ruin all of their chance. He can do this.

Author's Note:

Guys its been two years since the release of MONO. I am not crying y'all  〒▽〒 it was such a beautiful album. So this chapter is for MONO and my biggest inspiration Kim Namjoon, I swear I love him too much┗( T﹏T )┛

Also thank you so much for reading guys. I love you all  ❤❤❤❤