CHAP 28

The canteen area was completely full as both of them entered the building. "So many humans." Jungkook muttered. Pearl takes the side glance at him and continued walking. "I think we must sit there." She said pointing at the empty table at the far most corner.

Both of them take their food and went to sit on the table. They were eating their food in silence, maybe somewhat awkward after the last night. Jungkook was continuously peeking at her while having his food. "Is there something on my face." Pearl said gulping down her glass of water. "Huh." Jungkook just stared at her wide eyed with his mouth full of food. "You were staring at me so I thought that there might be something on my face." Pearl said slowly hiding her smile. "Uhh n-nothing." Jungook said gulping his food still wide eyed.

"Haha how can you be so cute!!" Pearl said pinching his cheeks. And just by this such small sentence Jungkook was totally a tomato and the stuttering mess. "Th-ank y-you." He said smiling shyly and scratching the back of his neck. Pearl just laughed at his cuteness.

"I am not disturbing anything..right!" Max said sitting down beside Jungkook causing him to suddenly stiffen up. "And if I say yes." Pearl said eyeing his every step. "Well then It can wait." He said smirking. Pearl have no choice instead of scoffing slightly.

"So Mr. Jeon how do you find the base camp till now." Max said slurping his noodles. "G-ood." He said keeping his eyes down on his food. "Ohh I am glad and I think there are more good things to come haha." Max laughed slapping his knees. "I think things were going pretty well for us till now." She said playing with her food. "Till now?? What happened now??" Max asked in confusion. Pearl just smile sweetly at him. "I think we should take our leave now sir." She said taking Jungkook's hand and leaving the table.

"Huh...what makes her unhappy here." Max muttered gulping down his fruit juice and then suddenly his eyes widen in realization. "Argh this girl!!" He stabbed his food with the fork.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have never thought that I can hate someone this much." Pearl fumed. "Chill out Pearl...he is not worth your anger." Jungkook tries his best to calm her down. "Why does he always tries to get you! I swear I am just this close to break his nose." she said pushing up her sleeves. "You know Pearl I have always thought that I will protect you but all the time you are the one protecting me." Jungkook said gazing at the sky with shiny eyes.

Pearl stopped on her tracks and look back at him. "Listen you cute boy. First of all, stop with that damn smile unless you want me to have a heart attack. And second  I will always protect you, I drink two cups of milk for a reason. Like who do you think will give some bruise to that Max. huh!!" She said showing up her small biceps. "Alright my protector. I will always rely on you." He said throwing his hands on her shoulder. "Yups, you can always rely on me." Pearl said with her cocky smile. 

"Alright!! So I want my protector to buy me the banana milk." Jungkook said innocently pointing at the vending machine. Her cocky smile immediately washes off and she was silently staring at him with judgy looks. "What! Haven't you said that you were my protector." Jungkook blinks his eyes. "So does the job of the protector includes money?" She asked sarcastically. Jungkook nodded at her with his big bambi eyes.

"No that look will not work on me. NOPES." She said looking everywhere but at Jungkook. 

----------------------------------------------------------

Both of them were back at their room with Jungkook enjoying his banana milk. "Huh it is really a big base camp. Its like they have settled their own city here." Pearl huffed. Jungkook just blinked at her as he was focusing on his banana milk.

"Do you think Jungkook that we are really safe here?" Pearl asked looking at him. "Umm I don't know. I mean why we will be not safe here. It is totally safe from any dead." Jungkook said glancing at her. "It is indeed safe from any zombies but then what about humans." She said playing with her fingers. "Huh humans?" Jungkook was confused. "Yes. Like how we have easily entered such tight security place and don't forget about that Max who always kept tailing behind us. Its really difficult to digest this fact." She furrowed her eyebrows. 

"You are thinking too much Pearl. They have taken our tests and interview and then after that we have entered here. Now all you guys are safe, just don't worry." Jungkook pats her head. "Its just that I can't help it." She said looking up to meet Jungkook's eyes. He encircles his arm around her small frame and start caressing her hair. "Don't worry Pearl....we will face whatever comes to us." He said smiling softly placing his chin on her head. Pearl just hummed enjoying his warmth.

"YO LET'S PLAY UNO." Suddenly Hoseok and Jimin comes barging into their room. Both of them stopped at their positions noticing Jungkook and Pearl hugging each other quite cozily "Are we disturbing something." Jimin breaks the ice. "What if I say yes." Pearl rolled her eyes. "This feels like Deja vu." Jungkook just smiles shyly. "Then it can be disturbed cause we are here to play Uno!!" Hoseok cheered entering into the room and planting himself on the bed. "Okay" Jungkook also cheered sitting beside Hoseok with Jimin on front of them. "Come on Pearl lets play." Jimin said showing his eye smile. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"UNO UNO UNO" Jungkook shouted throwing his last card. "What!! I am not playing any more." Pearl huffed tossing all her cards. "Ow don't be a bummer. have some sportsmanship." Jimin nudged her. "No I am not playing anymore." She said standing up from her position. "Wait Pear-" Jungkook was interrupted as Jin entered in their room. 

"Jin what happened?" Hoseok asked noticing serious gaze on Jin. "Pearl you have been called by Chief General." Jin said directly talking to Pearl. 

"WHAT!!" 

Author's Note:

Hello people. So lets first talk about BE. It really defined beauty. Like lyrics, cinematography, song, music vedio...everything was just so calming. I really teared up after listening  to Life goes on. Even if the world stops, but spring still comes.....whenever I think that no song can be better than this , BTS has always proved me wrong every time. My one of the favourite song from the album is 'Fly To My Room' What's yours?

And also thank you so much for reading. Borahe 💜💜