twelve

Jisung was sitting with his head on his hand, gazing at Professor Johnny, his Language Proficiency instructor, with his eyes out of focus. Jisung was trying to stop his eyelids from drooping and falling asleep in the class as he kept on yawning. Jisung, then, took the bottled coffee from his bag. He was never a fan of coffee, he preferred chocolate drink than coffee, but in situations like this where he was really sleepy and he should not fall asleep, he needed to drink it.

Jisung winced when he tasted the bitterness of the coffee. Chenle forced him to bring this with him in the university and to drink it because he did not have a proper sleep last night, the only sleep he got was when he slept in the hallway for a good thirty minutes while waiting for Chenle to open the door.

"You okay? You seem so sleepy today," asked Ningning, her real name is Ning Yizhou but everyone in the class called her Ningning because it was easier to say. She was an exchange student from China and they've been classmates for three months. They got quite close because they have been in multiple groups working together.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Jisung answered as they walked on the corridor with their other classmates. They are all heading to the auditorium because the university's chairman had something to say.

"Really? You look really sleepy though," said Ningning. "Han is not too much to handle, right? He's a good kid and he always behaves, so I don't think he is the reason why you are sleepy. It's impossible that it's because school works because we don't have much to do because the school year is gonna end after a few weeks."

Ningning was aware that Jisung had a kid. Everyone in the class, or maybe in the whole university, knew that he had a kid. Jisung was never ashamed of having a kid at an early age. He's proud that he raised Han well.

"I told you, I'm really fine. I already drank a whole bottle of coffee a while ago," said Jisung. "I will try to sleep at the auditorium while Mr. Chairman is giving his speech."

He couldn't say what he did last night to be this sleepy. That was something private between him and Chenle.

Ningning just shrugged her shoulders because of Jisung's response.

At the auditorium, Jisung saw Lami looking at him from the other side of the auditorium. He immediately glared at her. He would never forgive her about what she did last night, even though he and Chenle already made up. What she did was wrong and not forgivable.

Jisung sat on a seat, he put on his hood and closed his eyes— he's thankful that the chair was soft and it was like the one in cinemas, so it's comfortable.

On the other hand, Lami smirked. She saw how much Jisung was worn out, his eyes were droopy that made him look really sleepy. She also saw him immediately fall asleep at his seat when he got inside the auditorium.

My plan worked. Lami thought. She thought that her plan worked, she did not know that Jisung and Chenle made up last night. She's not aware that her plan failed big time and Jisung was worn out today because of a totally different reason.

"You look happy," said Herin when she saw her friend smirked.

"My plan worked, thanks to you," said Lami as she sat pretty in her seat.

Herin let out a heavy sigh. She actually didn't want to help Lami, she didn't want to borrow Jisung's notebook for the sake of Lami's plan but she blackmailed her. Lami threatened her that she would tell her parents that she had a girlfriend and she's not ready to come out to her parents, that's why she did what Lami wanted. She's afraid that her parents would not accept her gender.

"He looks so tired," said Herin as she saw how tired Jisung looks. "Do you really have to do that? Do you really have to destroy his relationship?"

"Of course. I can't let anyone have him except me," said Lami proudly.

"I feel guilty," said Herin. "I feel like I'm the reason why he's like that."

She really couldn't understand Lami's decision. For Herin, when you love someone you would let them have their happiness, even though it hurts you, and what Lami did was an act of selfishness.

She corrected the younger many times, but Lami won't budge to listen to her.

Lami looked at Herin. "Don't be. It's all done now, you can't undo it."

Herin just shook her head, disappointed. No matter what she said, the younger won't listen.

She's really hard-headed. Herin thought.

After the speech given by the university's chairman, Jisung finally woke up from his sleep. He slept for an hour and a half. He felt much better now.

Jisung grabbed his back and put it in his back, then he walked straight out of the auditorium.

"Jisung!" Lami called him as she followed him outside.

Jisung ignored her and he continued to walk out of the campus.

"Jisung, listen to me," said Lami as she continued to follow Jisung.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to kiss you last night," Lami lied. She's putting on an act. She's looking for Jisung's sympathy for her.

Jisung stopped walking and turned his back to Lami. He glared at Lami. "What?"

"I said I'm sorry..." Said Lami in a low voice.

"I told you I don't like you but it looks like you don't get it," said Jisung. "I will never like you. I will never love you. I will never reciprocate your feelings. How much more should I say? Aha! I only see you as a friend, but because of what you did last night, you're just a stranger to me."

"Let's just act like we don't know each other and we're not friends for almost three years, okay?" Jisung added.

"I told you I'm sorry!" Said Lami, she's trying to conceal that she's pissed. "I feel like he is not right for you."

"And who's right for me? You? Who are you to decide who is right for me and who is not?" Jisung asked, he's pissed because Lami was acting like she had any authority to meddle in his life when even his mother couldn't say no to Chenle when he came back to his life. "Do you even know who Chenle is to me to say that it is wrong to be with him?"

"Zhong Chenle- we knew each other for more than six years, he knew me longer than you," said Jisung. He made sure that every word he said was loud and clear for Lami to hear it. "He's my first love and he's my first relationship. We got together four years ago, we live in the same house for a year, and he is my Han's Papa. So, you don't have the right to say that he's not right for me."

"But thanks to what you did last night, I finally got laid after three years," said Jisung with a smirk then he walked out. Leaving Lami raging in anger.

What Jisung said was not a lie. He and Chenle made love last night after they made up, and that's the reason why he was sleepy today.