Special Chapter (2/3): High School Sweethearts

This happened a year before Han was born.

---------

The 17-year-old Jisung was looking bored at the papers, books, and notebooks in front of him. His head felt so light. He felt like he would fall asleep any moment from now.

He was at the library that was currently crowded with students that had been studying since morning until now because the midterm exam would finally start next week, and every student was busy studying, reviewing their past lessons, and doing their last requirement to submit to their professors.

Chenle, who was sitting across from him, gently tapped the table to get Jisung's attention and for Jisung to avoid falling asleep. He had to do it gently or else the librarian would kick them out of the library for being loud.

"Jisung, wake up! Review your lessons now," said Chenle as he snapped his fingers.

"I can't review anymore. I feel like my brain will explode!" Jisung complained.

"But you have to. The midterm exam will be next week," said Chenle as he organize Jisung's reviewer which Chenle made. He knew that Jisung would not review if he did not make a reviewer and if he did not force Jisung to review.

"This is too much for my brain," said Jisung then he pouted. "I have been reviewing for days already."

Since this week had started, Chenle made him read and review his lessons too much to the point that he didn't have any time to play mobile and computer games, because the moment he got home, he immediately fell asleep to his bed. He was too exhausted to play.

Chenle looked at Jisung worriedly, thinking that maybe he pushed Jisung on studying too much.

Chenle heaved a sigh as he fix Jisung's papers, notebooks, and books at their table. "Fine, you can rest today."

Jisung's eyes widened at what Chenle said. "Really?"

Chenle nodded, "But you have to review tomorrow, you promise?"

Jisung nodded immediately in delight, "I will!"

"Just play on your phone while I review," said Chenle and his attention went back to reading and memorizing the reviewer he made last week.

Procrastinating did not exist in Chenle's vocabulary. If he had time, he would do the requirements given to them and everything he has to do. He didn't like procrastinating, he felt like whenever he procrastinates, all of the outcome was not perfect and it was always lacking something that he always regrets at the end.

Jisung who's now happy to have his own time immediately grabbed his phone from his pocket and plugged his earphones on. He, then, listened to music as he stared at Chenle who's focused on reviewing. He'd just play games later, right now, he just wanted to stare at his boyfriend and appreciate his beauty.

"Why are you still reviewing? Isn't it unfair that I'm relaxing and you are still studying?" Asked Jisung.

Chenle looked at him and shook his head, "Why would it be unfair? I always like studying, I did not find this tiring."

"And also, do you remember what our school chairman said during the general assembly? We should embody grit through hard work and experience, and you'll gain a positive outlook in life; which means that you should change the way you see studying, if you enjoy it then you won't have trouble learning," said Chenle with a touch of asperity as he looked at Jisung.

"How can you remember all of that?" Jisung asked. Chenle's memory was really something, he couldn't even remember what he just ate yesterday, but Chenle remembered what the school chairman said months ago.