fifteen

Mr. Zhong and Mrs. Zhong was sitting on the couch and Jisung was sitting on the couch across from them while Chenle was in the bedroom putting Han to sleep before he and Jisung talked to his parents. He didn't want Han to hear everything his parents were going to say in case they were planning to say some things they didn't wanna hear. Chenle was not comfortable with them being in here. He actually didn't want them inside the house, but as a sign of respect because they are his parents, they let them in.

Mr. Zhong has an austere look in his face and Mrs. Zhong has a stern face, both are sitting straight and they are wearing clean and intimidating clothes, and they are looking straight at Jisung's whose hands were fidgeting because of nervousness.

This was not Jisung's first time to see them and sat in the same area with them. This was his second time. The first time they met and talked was four years ago and it wasn't very well, Mr. Zhong and Mrs. Zhong belittled him. They said straight to his face before that they didn't want him for their son and they couldn't accept their relationship— they wanted a female for Chenle, not a male. Chenle defended him that night, of course, but it still was not a good experience for the both of them. It's somehow traumatic.

"How... How old is he?" Mrs. Zhong asked in an authoritative tone, referring to Han. This is their first time seeing their grandson. They did not know what he looked like because they did not see even a photo of him.

"H-he's three," Jisung answered, stuttering.

"What's his name?" Mr. Zhong asked.

"Han," Jisung answered in a low voice. He wants Chenle to get out of the room and join him in the living room.

Mrs. and Mr. Zhong were the main reason why Chenle left them before and seeing them here gave Jisung anxiety, especially now that they were asking questions about Han.

Chenle told him that his parents still didn't accept their relationship and they just let Chenle go and be with him after three years. Chenle also told him that they let him go because he made his own money now and he didn't rely on neither their money nor power anymore.

Jisung did not have any single idea why they were here. Couldn't it be because they want Chenle away from him and Han again? Jisung hoped that that's not the case.

They heard the door clicking. It came from the bedroom. Jisung immediately looked at Chenle who just came out of the bedroom who successfully put Han to sleep.

Han asked a lot of questions but Chenle couldn't answer it. Han asked who these two people were, and Chenle couldn't say that they were his parents and Han's grandparents. It's like there's something blocking the words to come out of his mouth. He promised Han that they would tell everything to him tomorrow morning because Han knew that would not let go of this topic easily.

He saw his parents sitting at the couch, looking seriously at him the moment he came out of the room while Jisung looked at him like a lost puppy. He felt sorry that he left Jisung alone there with his parents.

"What are you doing here?" Chenle asked seriously to his parents. He did not show that he was intimidated by them. He had to show that he was not afraid of them.

He sat beside Jisung on the couch and Jisung immediately held his hand tightly.

"We just came here to check on you," Mr. Zhong replied. "It looks like you're doing fine here."

"I am," said Chenle.

"Cut all this nonsense. Why are you here?" Chenle asked. He did not believe that his parents were here just to check on him. His parents would never do that. They never would never fly here from China just to check him here.