𝐓𝐖𝐎

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

"HELLO, EVELYN."

"What the hell are you doing here?" Evelyn's eyes widened in shock as she stared at the scene in front of her. She never expected to see Leonard again, and she thought that was for the best. She felt after everything that happened that night it probably best to steer clear of him. She thought that if they were to have crossed paths again it would end badly. As in her rotting corpse left for anyone to find kind of badly. Evelyn honestly believed he would have forgotten about her by now since she wasn't that important to him or anyone for that matter. And yet here he is years later, sitting on her recliner in the dark corner of her apartment like something straight out of a horror film.

"Remember that time when I told you if you put yourself in those Detective's heads that it'll help with the heists?" That was all he said completely ignoring her only question as to how the hell he had snuck into her apartment.

"What? Look—"

"I didn't mean you actually had to go and become a detective." He stated sarcastically with a playful eye roll.

"Okay.." She sighed as she smacked her hands against her sides. "Two things. First, I'm not a detective, I'm a forensic scientist. Second—"

"Gross." He groaned immaturely. "You left being a criminal to examine and cut open the bodies us criminals leave behind?"

Evelyn chose to ignore his comment earning a smirk from Leonard. "What the hell are you doing in my apartment, Leo?!" She asked him. Her voice raised a few octaves due to her built-up stress and annoyance caused by her unwelcome guest.

"Come take a drive with me." He demanded more than he asked.

"No." She gasped.

"I wasn't asking." He answered with a smirk. "We need to talk preferably not here and in private."

"Talk about what?" She asked as she crossed her arms over her chest. Leonard pushed himself up. His eyes very noticeably wandered from her shoes up to her face. Evelyn turned her face away momentarily to hide the fact that her cheeks had turned red.

"About you." He said gaining her attention once again. "And you coming back." He added and she sighed. "I gotta be honest...things just haven't been the same since you left. Heists haven't been running the same as they did when you were still around. Hell, even Mick is gone. Although, that was—"

"Leo, I can't." She pressed firmly.

Leonard walked over to her slowly. She took a step back with every step forward he took until her back was pressed against the wall. "Why not?" He questioned forgetting the meaning of personal space as he took a step closer leaving little to no room between them. He placed both of his hands on the wall at each side of her head trapping her in her place.