𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

"IT'S STILL NUMB." Barry winced in pain as he examined the wound caused by Snart's new cold gun. The minute Barry rushed her out of harms way, Evelyn hurried over to S.T.A.R. Labs in hopes that they had the answer as to why Snart had wielded a crazy gun. But most importantly to see if they had everything under control with Barry's current situation. She still wasn't a hundred percent sure how things run at S.T.A.R. Labs, so she wasn't quite sure if they knew Barry was off playing action hero again. After all, the last time she checked Barry was supposed to be at trivia night. She wanted Barry to be safe, but it seemed like she sorta got her wish. Barry had come back okay but slightly bruised.

"It's presenting itself like third degree frostbite." Caitlin informed them.

"I thought he had hyper healing?" Evelyn asked her. She was confused as to why he isn't healing as fast as they claimed he could. And judging by Barry's baffled look, he had been wondering the same.

"It's been slowed." She said sadly as she walked over to the monitor in front of Barry that showcased his injuries. "If your cells weren't regenerating at the rate that they are, your blood vessels would have frozen solid, and the nerve damage would have been permanent." The frown on her face deepened as she stressed how much he's lucky to be alive.

"Snart wasn't another meta-human." Barry said as he stood to his feet. He walked over to the other side of the room where Evelyn sat and grabbed his jacket. "He has some kind of gun. It froze things, slowed me down enough that I wasn't in time to save someone."

"According to his record, Snart didn't even bother to finish high school..." Felicity had begun as she scrolled through his file on some kind of tablet. She was right; although, a part of that choice wasn't fully his. He dropped out of high school, but Snart is still pretty smart for a high school dropout. But she had to admit, Leonard was not that smart enough to create a weapon of that nature. So the question was, where had he gotten it? Her mind wandered back to the night of the club where he had a business deal. He must've acquired the gun in some kind of black market exchange. "So how did he build a handheld tech snow machine?"

"S.T.A.R. Labs built the cold gun." Dr. Wells spoke for the first time since Barry got back. His eyes trailed from his hands before making eye contact with everyone in the room except for Cisco.

"Wells and Caitlin had nothing to do with it. I built the gun." Cisco came clean making the room erupt in silence. A silence so quiet that you could hear a pin drop.

"You did? Why?" Evelyn asked for Barry since he was lost for words. He just stood silently beside Evelyn. Many questions swirled around in his head.

"Because speed and cold are opposites." Cisco said. His voice was a bit shaky. Evelyn didn't want to jump to conclusions, but it was clear as day that the cold gun was built as a weapon. A weapon to stop Barry. Evelyn wanted to know why Cisco felt compelled to make this. She wanted know when he made this. "Temperature is measured by how quickly the atoms of something are oscillating. The faster they are, the hotter it is, and when they are cold, they're slower on the atomic level. And when there's no movement at all, it's called..."