𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

"YOU FAILED TO TELL ME what exactly you were doing at The Garden." Barry told Evelyn with a cocky smirk while they strolled side by side down the street.

Evelyn rolled her eyes with a slight smile. "I told you already."

"You were set up on a blind date, and it turned out he was caught up in a black market exchange. And you didn't know until you ended up in the basement of The Garden. Was that right?" Barry recalled her not so great excuse. Evelyn bit down on her lip. She prayed he would buy it and just let it go already.

"Yes." Evelyn said confidently, although it faltered a bit.

"That's not true and we both know it." Barry replied with a frown. He hoped she would tell him the truth since they have been nothing but honest with one another for as long as they've known each other.

"It is th-"

"I know you know Leonard Snart." Barry confessed suddenly as he stopped in front of a jewelry store. Evelyn would've found that funny if she wasn't completely panicking inside. How ironic that Barry confronted her on her rocky past with Leonard in front of a jewelry store she once helped Snart rob. Luckily, she wasn't caught on footage. She always knew how to clean her tracks.

"I'm worried about you." Barry continued as he held on tightly to her hand. "I don't want you going back down that path. You've changed your life around for the better. I just don't-"

"Barry, I'm fine. I promise I'm not falling back into old habits." Evelyn assured him while she slipped her hand out of his grasp. She purposely chose not to directly address his statement about Leonard. She wasn't technically lying to him. She wasn't working with Leonard to pull a heist. She was working with Leonard to help put a stop to his father. So, isn't she doing something right?

"So why were you there with Leonard?" Barry asked her still very much concerned for her safety.

Evelyn looked away from him with pure frustration in her eyes making Barry sigh in defeat. "Alright. Alright." He said as he put his hands up. "I'm not gonna force you tell me if you're not ready. But just know that I'm here whenever you're ready too. No judgement, just me as friend wanting to know that you're safe. Just be careful, okay?" Evelyn finally met his glance. She nodded her head.

"Now, on a lighter note, I need to pick up something here before we head over to Joe's." Barry said with bright smile. Evelyn glanced at him quizzically. He held open the door to the jewelry store and gestured for her to enter first with one hand. She rolled her eyes playfully with a smile, but she still complied with Barry's wishes.