𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

"TOW TRUCK WAS STOLEN."

"Driver of the armored car is in a stable condition at St. Andrews, and no ones exactly sure how he got there." Said Detective pretty boy as he made his way toward Joe and Evelyn in the back of the truck. Joe sat inside staring straight ahead in thought, while Evelyn examined every inch of the truck for anything valuable.

"Did you check the security cameras?" Evelyn asked Eddie.

"Camera's storage drive was stolen." He said as he rested his right foot on the ledge of the truck. "These guys are pros." He added a little impressed.

Joe waited for Evelyn to be done in the truck before they all headed out. "Everything's still here, including what I think they were after: the Kahndaq Dynasty Diamond." Joe told them with a sigh. "It was on its way to the Central City Museum for exhibition."

"Right, Iris is trying to talk me into going." Eddie said cheerfully and Evelyn almost did a double-take. So the cats officially out of the bag? She has no idea when Iris finally came clean to Joe about seeing his partner, but then again she hasn't seen Iris in almost five days. Evelyn's been too caught up in work and school to have a social life at the moment.

"I'm not much of a museum guy." Eddie continued much to Joe's annoyance. It's clear as day to Evelyn that Joe doesn't want to talk to Eddie about his relationship with his daughter. She can practically already feel the awkwardness and anger radiating off the man who has became the closest thing to a father to her.  "But when she really wants to do something..." Eddie trailed off and Evelyn visibly cringed at how out of context that statement can be taken. Eddie seemed to figure that out for himself, because just by one look from Joe he shut his mouth immediately.

"I'm just going to walk away now..." he said awkwardly before striding as far away from Joe as possible. A few moments later the captain headed toward them.

Evelyn spotted Barry from her peripheral vision. "Sorry, captain." He apologized to Singh for being late yet again. It was ironic how even when he's The Streak he can't seem to make it on time. "I was at the hospital- visiting a sick friend." His excuse could've been a good one if he had managed to sound more confident not hesitant. Luckily for Barry, the captain decided not to comment on his late arrival.

"There's nothing missing." Joe told them as they headed back to the stolen truck and armored car. "It looks like someone interrupted a robbery."

"Guard says there was three of them." Singh threw in some newfound information he dug up.

"Actually there was four." Barry told Singh so sure of himself. Evelyn gave him a look to remind him that he had to be careful about what he said. Barry looked at Singh's confused expression with wide eyes. "I mean, that's how many I would bring if I was doing a robbery of this nature." Barry tried to ramble himself out of this sticky situation.