𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

"EVELYN..." a disembodied voice spoke softly through the pitch black darkness. Their voice sounded so out of tune to the brunette. It sounded as if someone raised the volume on a radio then turned it down on a continuous loop. Her mind was wide awake trying to find a way to regain control of her body. Her brain screamed at her to open her eyes.

Evelyn slowly and forcefully pried her eyes open. She was met with Leonard's icy blue ones. He knelt down in front of her. His left hand rested over her hand on the arm of the chair while his right rested on her thigh. He let out a sigh of relief. He was scared that she was in a state of coma from all those injections.

"Leo?" She questioned him hoarsely. Her voice broke as she fought back her tears. She wanted nothing more than to break down right here and now, but she refused to give Lewis the satisfaction of breaking her.

"I'm sorry." She cried to him in a whisper when Leonard used his body to shield her from Lewis. She shook her head as her head hung low. Leonard hushed her softly. He used both of his hands to caress her cheeks.

"Stop." He told her strongly, and she tried her best to stop herself from crying anymore. "This isn't your fault. Do you hear me?" Leonard told her in an undertone as he wiped her tears away with his thumbs.

"Alright, lets get you out of here." He told her, and she nodded her head vigorously. She watched silently as his hands worked on uniting the ropes that strapped her to the chair.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. We haven't discussed the terms of our deal yet." Lewis told him, but Leonard ignored him. He threw the ropes to the side, and gently pulled Evelyn to her feet by her forearms.

But still weak from all the injections, Evelyn felt lightheaded then without warning fell to the floor. Leonard quickly caught the back of her head to prevent her from smacking her head against the hard tile while he swiftly wrapped one of his arms around her back. Leonard slowly shifted up from his knees and sat her back down in the chair.

"What the hell did you do to her?!" Leonard yelled. He was beyond furious with his father's actions. Lewis could hurt him mentally, emotionally, and physically, but he'd be damned if Lewis hurt Lisa and Evelyn. Lewis had crossed the line.

"It's not that big of deal." Lewis scoffed crossing his arms over his chest. "You're overreacting son. Just ask Evelyn."

Leonard looked back at her. She could barely stand and keep her eyes open on her own. Evelyn attempted to speak, but she couldn't get her body to function normally. Her mind had all the words she needed and wanted to say, but she couldn't seem to get her voice to be heard. She swallowed due to her dry mouth. All she was able to do was slowly and with trouble, lace her fingers around his. It was her way of telling him that she's conscious.