𝐓𝐖𝐎

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

EVELYN'S LEG SHOOK REPEATEDLY from underneath the table. Her eyes would continuously flicker between the flashing digits on the digital clock, and her best friend's face. Eventually, she had to force herself to study his movements to ease her restlessness. She couldn't help it. She was excited.

Letting out a deep sigh, Leonard spoke up after growing irritable with her constant fidgeting. Even more so with her unwavering eyes trained on the side of his face. "Can I help you?"

Evelyn sat up at his sudden question. She didn't understand what he had meant. They had been sitting in comfortable silence for a while now. "No?" She said questionably with a frown.

"Then why do you keep staring at me?" Leonard asked, glancing up at her for the first time since she joined his side. Her mouth parted but before she could reply he cut her off. "Actually, why are you even here? I'm just looking into our next heist."

Evelyn gave him a shrug "No reason," She lied with an innocent smile. "I just don't have anything else to do at the moment."

"Really? Nothing? No plans?" He questioned.

Evelyn flipped her hair flirtatiously. "Why? You asking me out, Leonard?" She joked, and he scoffed, mumbling something along the lines of 'You wish'.

"Why aren't you asleep? You're usually sleeping by this time," Leonard asked breaking their silence once more. Evelyn smiled brightly at the fact that he noticed something as tiny as her sleeping habits. As if reading her mind, the criminal rolled his eyes.

"I'm not tired," She replied nonchalantly. Although, that was a lie as well. She was exhausted, but she couldn't go to bed just yet. She couldn't sleep when there was something more important she had to get done first.

"Okay, but-" Evelyn slapped her hand against his mouth to silence him. Snart glared.

"Why so many questions, Leo?" She teased, bringing her hand back to her side.

"Want a little tip?" Leonard asked and she gave him a quizzical look. "Do that again.... and you won't have hands," He threatened her even though they both knew he would never follow through with it. However, that still didn't stop the frown from taking over the brunette's features.

"Gotcha," She said slowly, and he went right back to his research. Evelyn huffed loudly and of course, he ignored her dramatics. Her sight slowly drifted back to the digital clock. The excitement she once had stirring within her made a reappearance as the clock flashed 11:59 pm.

"Ahhh!" She shouted and jumped up to her feet when the clock changed. Leonard jumped in his seat. He let out a growl despite the confusion on his face.