𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

"HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?" Joe asked Evelyn the moment he saw her. She was slightly out of breath due to running all the way to the crime scene from Jitters. She would've been late otherwise. "Everything with you is good?" He asked after he let her catch her breath. Her recent absence not just in work but at S.T.A.R. Labs had left him a little concerned. She had ceased all kinds of communication these past three days and it didn't bring him any solace.

Evelyn gave him a smile. "I'm better now. Ready to get back to work, sir." She told him enthusiastically before heading over to Barry who looked around the room like he was being watched.

"Are you okay?" Evelyn asked him with a laugh. Barry jumped in surprise.

"Yeah, uh, I'm fine." Barry claimed with a dry mouth. If it was anyone else they would've believed him especially given the calmness of his tone of voice, but Evelyn knows her best friend better than anyone except for Iris and Joe. She knew there was something wrong with him. He was completely on edge.

"Hey Barr, what's with all the water? Did the sprinkler system go off or something?" Joe asked Barry as he came to stand beside the duo.

"What?" Barry whispered eyeing the sprinkler on the ceiling. "No, I checked the sprinklers. They're all intact, but the water has ice in it." He lead Joe and Evelyn to the body as he spoke. "And the bruises on the coroner aren't just on the face. Look at his torso."

Evelyn removed the covering with her gloved hands. "Wow." She breathed as she examined the bruises and its coloring. Joe stared at it disturbed, but almost mesmerized at how something like this could happen.

"How the hell did you know that?" Joe asked Barry. He was confused about how Barry could have possibly known to check the torso when there were no signs or evidence of damage on the surface of the skin.

"He was killed by hail." Barry explained further as he basically, unintentionally, ignored Joe's question. He stood up with wide eyes. "We have to check the recording."

"Barry, what recording?" Evelyn asked him. When he didn't answer, her and Joe exchanged worried glances.

"Joe! We got something!" Eddie called out as he hurried over to the group with a recorder in one of his hands. "The coroner's office just installed automated dictation system. Listen to this." He then played them the recorded conversation with the deceased victim and Mark Mardon.

"It's Mark Mardon. He wants revenge."

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━