𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

EVELYN WATCHED FROM THE SIDELINES as Barry continuously dodged and defeated drones. Ever since Christmas, Barry has had an obsession—some would say it was an unhealthy one. He aimed to up his speed so he could stop the man in the yellow suit. She believed that Barry had every right to bring the man who killed his mother to justice, but that still didn't mean she wasn't worried about him. He was pushing himself a bit too much in her eyes.

"That was too close." Caitlin scolded Cisco when the drones came a bit too close to hitting Barry with it's bullets.

"I second that." Evelyn said in Caitlin's defense as she stood between the pair. Her hands were stuffed in the pockets of her black coat. Her cheeks were flushed due to the sudden change in temperature Central City received this week.

"He told me to make it hard." Cisco defended himself and his work to the women beside him.

"Pretty sure he didn't tell you to make him dead." Caitlin added sarcastically.

"Remember, this is just supposed to be a training exercise to improve Barry's speed." Wells told them with his usual smirk.

"Cisco, you gonna bring it or what?" Barry's voice echoed in everyone's ear piece. Cisco looked to Wells for approval.

With a big smile Wells replied, "Bring it."

Cisco's fingers swiped against the tablet in his hands. The drone transformed itself to an advanced model of its predecessor then released a missile of sorts. Evelyn gasped in shock as the missile missed Barry by a few inches and exploded instantly when it came in contact with the pavement. Barry tumbled to the floor due to the explosion barely dodging the flying debris. Barry winced in pain but pulled himself up from the ground. He eyes the upcoming drone with determination and slight anger.

"Why isn't he running away?" Caitlin asked as Barry remained where he stood. The drone continued to make it's way toward him. "Barry run away..." she whispered worryingly.

The drone released another missile, and instead of trying to avoid it Barry ran toward it. "Oh, my god..." Evelyn breathed as she grabbed on tightly to Cisco's forearm earning a wince in return from her new friend. Barry charged toward the missile and grabbed a hold of it. He suddenly threw it right back at the drone which left Evelyn stunned. The drone exploded in midair, it's pieces flying everywhere. "Not bad, Barry." Evelyn said to herself quite impressed.

"Very impressive, Mr. Allen." Wells rewarded his hard work. Barry sat beside Evelyn, no longer in his suit, eating his way through a huge pile of Big Belly Burger. "Your reaction to stimuli at super-speed continues to improve."