Chapter 1

"And then Bunny just yells at me. So of course I brought up the whole kangaroo thing again. It's my most effective defense. And after the whole Pitch thing two years ago I thought all the arguing was behind us and... I just don't know what to do." Jack explained, slumping to the ground.
Jamie shook his head after letting out a huff of air, "Personally, I think you should stop confiding all your problems to a twelve-year-old and maybe think about getting a therapist."
Jack narrowed an eyebrow and looked up at the boy, "Ouch Jamie, what's got you all bothered?"
"Sorry Jack, I'm just frustrated, my stupid history teacher gave me a project over the break. It's like he doesn't even care it's almost Christmas." Jamie ranted.
Jack laughed, "Not good at history?"
"I don't even mind history, I'm passing with a low 'A', what I mind is getting homework over my vacation." Jamie continued.
Jack smiled, "Hey, well I can help?"
Jamie looked at him perplexed, "Are you sure? You aren't really that smart." he bluntly stated.
"Wow, thanks." Jack responded, rolling his eyes.
"Come on, just--what's the project about?"
Jamie sighed, "Well, it isn't that hard, but the less work I have to do the better so I could find--"
Suddenly someone knocked lightly three times on the door causing both Jamie and Jack to jump.
The knob turned and the door creaked open, revealing a stunning brunette with sparkling eyes, "Hey booger." she exclaimed in a melodic voice, "Were you just--"
Jamie's eyes lit up, "Zee!" he ran to hug the girl.
Meanwhile, Jack stared at her in awe.
She giggled, "Ah, so how's my favorite little brother?" she asked nudging Jamie's head.
"I'm your only brother." he argued.
Rapunzel smiled and booped his nose, "Yes, and therefore you get the honor of being my favorite."
Jamie rubbed the bridge of his nose.
Jack silently laughed.
He stopped laughing when the girl changed. Her face stayed the same but her hair became long and blonde and she wore a different outfit.
In the blink of an eye, she went to normal.
"What?" he mouthed, blinking repeatedly to see if it would happen again.
Nothing did.
"Ah, so I got you and Sophie presents." she smiled.
Jamie's eyes lit up, "Really? Can I have it?"
The girl stroked her chin, pretending to think it over, "Hmmm, you can have it after you eat your dinner and clean your room."
"What? But how is that fair? Christmas is giving without getting something back." Jamie argued.
"It's not a Christmas present and the same terms go for your sister. You both have to do it or you don't get anything." she explained, opening the door.
"But Zee--"
"But nothing, love you booger." she smiled shutting the door behind her.
Jamie stood still, defeated.
"Who... Who was that? Do I know her?" Jack asked pleasantly surprised, still watching where the girl was once standing.
Jamie turned to him, "That's my big sister Zel. And no, you don't, she goes to some fancy boarding school and only comes home on holidays, you would know that if you visited to actually hang out instead of ranting about problems you face with an oversized rabbit."
"I rant about other problems! Boy, the school makes you angry."
Jamie shook his head, "That coupled with the fact I have to clean. But you're right, sorry."
Jack moved his gaze to Jamie, "So what's the project about?"
"It's not hard, I can do it by myself. It's just a family tree." Jamie paused, "Wait, actually you can help me."
Jack's eyes lit up and he jumped, "Really? How?"
"Well, I want to get photos of everyone in their natural environments and since only Sophie can see you, you can take the pictures. I can probably get Zel to help me with the painting and stuff."
Jack thought over the people he'd take a picture of and smiled, "Yeah, I can do that!"
"Great, there is a polaroid camera in the kitchen, I'll be... Cleaning." Jamie groaned.
Jack laughed and flew into the kitchen.
The camera was hanging in a cupboard. All Jack had to do was grab it without Jamie's mom noticing.
Since she was busy cooking the task wasn't hard, but the rusted hinges indicated that the door was squeaky.
He quietly got it and snapped a photo of the woman while she was cooking.
He looked into the pot, "Hazelnut soup?" he questioned. Unaware of how he could even remember something like that.
He shook his head and went to find Jamie's dad.
He found him in the living room, talking on the phone. No doubt he was with a client.
Jack almost felt weird taking a photo of him while he was working, but Jamie did say natural habitat.

After he finished he went to Sophie's room, only to find that there was no one there.
He reopened Jamie's door, "Hey, you're not cleaning."
Jamie jumped up from laying on his bed holding a stuffed bear, "You don't know that! I cleaned some of it." Jamie argued.
"Some, it looks like you were napping with a teddy bear."
Jamie shrugged, "Well I found Mr. Stuffington and I was reminiscing on all the fun times we had a few years ago."
"Jamie, it hasn't even been five minutes." Jack laughed.
"Oh... You're... You're one to talk, you delayed being a guardian and that's way more important than cleaning a bedroom for selfish gain!" Jamie countered.
"That was two years ago."
"And two years from now what you did will still be bigger than what I'm doing." Jamie continued.
"I don't like slacker Jamie, he's mean." Jack pouted, over dramatically.
"Did you need something?" Jamie asked throwing Mr. Stuffington in the toy box.
Jack chuckled, "Yeah, where's Sophie? She's not in her room?"
"Oh, probably the attic."
"Attic?"
Jamie shrugged, picking up more toys, "Well, Zel doesn't have a bedroom since she is rarely here, so she sleeps in the attic. We all try to spend as much time with her as we can so... Sophie is probably in her room."
Jack nodded and waved before leaving.
The staircase to the attic was open which meant Jamie's theory was right.
He went into the peach and white room, memorized by all the decor.
The room was both girly and posh.
But clothes were scattered around the room.
He set the camera down.
For an obvious reason.
The girls were playing a game.
Sophie was dressed as a fairy princess hiding in a pillow fort while Zel wore a "prince" shirt with little ring pillows taped to her shoulders. She was sword fighting with the air.
"En garde!" she demanded, "The princess is mine!" she exclaimed.
Sophie giggled.
Jack watched and smiled.
Suddenly Sophie noticed him, "Jack!" she shouted.
Zel stopped fighting and looked in the direction Sophie was looking, "Jack?"