Chapter 8

Jamie and Sophie both looked over at their desperately confused sister.
"Zel!" Sophie quaked running over to her.
Zel rubbed her head, "I'm not feeling all that great, mind if we end the fun early?" Zel asked struggling to stand back up as black spots clouded her vision.
Sophie quickly both rushed to her aid. They led her to the bike, "Think you can ride it?"
Zel nodded, "Yeah... Yeah... I think I'm good..." she tried convincing herself as she could barely muster words.
Jamie turned to Jack, "Can you help her direct the bike? Make sure she doesn't fall or anything?"
Jack nodded, "Of-of course... Absolutely."
He put one arm on the bike handle to help with steering while cautiously wrapping the other one around her waist.
His only problem was how comfortable he felt at that moment.
He purposely ignored the fact she can't feel his touch so that he could enjoy it even more.

After a careful ride home with Zel struggling not to pass out, they directed Zel to her bed and let her sleep.
Jamie and Sophie left her alone to sleep while Jack stayed.
He tucked her in and walked around her room.
"Peach walls... Like at that... Building..." he turned to the sleeping girl, "The building that was in the same direction that past me looked at, from the very tree you sat near."
He tucked her short brown hair behind her ear as he studied her face, "I guess we're both confused. Confused on each other and we can't even realize it."
He turned around, "I have to find out Rapunzel's last name. I need to find her memories. I'll... I'll be back, I promise. I just have to talk to Jamie."

Jack rushed downstairs, "Jamie!" he shouted as he opened the door to Jamie's room.
"Yeah?"
"You said Rapunzel's last name when you checked the memory thing, what was it?!"
Jamie shrugged, "I don't know, Flitzherbert?"
Jack nodded, "Okay, what should I think about if I get ahold of her memories."
"I thought you didn't want to live in the past anymore?"
"I just need to resolve what's happening so I can put this whole issue behind me."
"Try to focus on everything. Just the word everything. Maybe the tooth fairy could be better help."
Jack shuddered, "Okay, thanks. I'll be right back."

Jack hurriedly went to Tooth's realm without thinking. He didn't even bother searching for anyone watching.
Toothiana rushed to him, "Jack. Here to return your memories? I noticed one was gone after I came back." she said with slight disappointment in her tone.
"Just the one?" he clarified.
"What?"
"Nothing, I'll put my memories back no problem, I don't want to start anything."
Toothiana awkwardly rubbed her arm, "Sorry about... Trying to kiss you I just-- hmm.. nevermind. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" she said inching closer, yet again.
Jack took a step back, "Actually, yeah." he said trying to be confident.
Toothiana grinned at him, "Like how?" she asked, her voice honeyed.
"I have a question. Kind of like a what if I could go back question. Just for clarification."
Toothiana slumped her shoulders, her voice now lower, "Oh... what?"
"Back when I opened my memories, if I had thought of something different, is there any way I'd be able to see everything?"
Toothiana nodded, "You thought family, you saw family. You think of everything, you see everything. But, you can't think of everything without knowing what everything is. You'd have to have a general idea of what you're looking for."
Jack nodded, pretending to be upset.
"I'll leave you be, you can let yourself out."

Toothiana left and Jack rushed to the "F" section.
Scanning the vials he got physically angry after skimming and seeing Eugene Fitzherbert. But as the Fitzherbert section wasn't very long it was easy to spot a crazy name like, "Rapunzel Fitzherbert." he immediately picked it up and left with it.
He knew he wanted to open it, he just didn't know where he should go to do so.

Zel fumbled around the bed trying to untuck herself.
After successfully freeing a leg she fell to the ground.
"Ow" she groaned.
She sat up against the bed and spaced out staring at the floor.
She was focusing on the intricate patterns in the wood before noticing a picture in her dirty clothes basket.
She crawled across the small room to see the picture.
She picked it up and seen the orange orb on it from the day before.
She studied the bare image.
"Orbs are ghosts... Right?" she thought to herself.
She shook her head, "Only one way to find out." Zel mumbled.
Zel lazily scooted herself to the latter and climb down.
"Hey Booger?" she shouted as she approached Jamie's room.
"Zee?" Jamie asked peaking his head out the door.
Zel stopped in front of him and bent her knees to be at his height, despite her only actually being a few inches taller, "Can I borrow your tablet?"
Jamie nodded, "I guess."
He opened the door and gave her the device.
"Thanks, I'll give it back in a bit." she chimed.
She went back into her room and plopped herself against the wall, "Jamie! What's your password?" she shouted.
"Uh... Riley..." Jamie nervously shouted back.
"Riley?" Zel asked herself.
Her eyes lit up and she stuck her head out the opening to the latter, "Wait, Riley Andersen from down the street? The one that moved here last year?"
Jamie poked his head out the door and glared at his upside-down sister, "You wanna use the tablet or you wanna judge me?"
"I think I have time for both."
Jamie shook his head and retreated back into his room.
Zel giggled as she looked for a search engine.
She noticed Jamie's home screen was a selfie with him, Sophie, and another orange orb.
Which only enhanced her curiosity.
She typed in "orbs and their meanings"
She was led to a small, purple colored website.
The website listed many orbs of many colors, all with a different meaning.
She skimmed it until she found the section titled, "Orange".
"Red and orange are associated with safety and security, as well as a sense of belonging... a sign that an entity has assumed the role of protector... This could be someone who was charged in life with being a caretaker."
Zel stopped reading and grabbed her aching forehead again, "Sophie, she said something... At the lake..."

"That's where Jack comes in. He's gonna do... something, I guess. Jack is our protector. He won't let anything happen to Jamie."

The words began echoing in Zel's head, "Protector" "won't let anything happen" "That's where Jack comes in"

"JAMIE!" Zel desperately shouted.
Jamie quickly ran up to her room.
"Yeah?" he asked climbing up
Zel shook her head, "You and Sophie... You guys can see something I can't."
Jamie furrowed his eyebrows.
Zel sighed, "Who... Who's Jack Frost?"
Jamie let out a toothy smile.