Chapter 15

Jack paced around the front yard contemplating his situation.
True be told he came to spend time with his Rapunzel but she was busy and didn't invite him back inside.
She just made a cute remark and left him there to think.
Who even does that?
Should he go back inside and speak to her or should he wait for her to notice?
But... She might never take notice.

"Jack!" a young voice shouted at him.
He turned his head and seen Jamie waving through his window.
"What are you doing out there? Did you come to hang out."
Jack awkwardly smiled, "Uhh, I guess."
Jamie jumped, "Great! I'll get Sophie!" he exclaimed.
Jamie came out with both his little sister and some weird, red skateboard.
"What is that?"
Jamie held it in front of him, showing it off, "This is a street luge. It took a while to beg for it, but eventually, mom gave in and I got it as a birthday present."
Jack nodded, "Very cool."
"Right? Well, the thing is... I need a hill to use it. So, I was wondering if you could make ice hills so I and Sophie could take turns riding it."
"Is this safe? Maybe someone should supervise." Sophie suggested. Not afraid at all, just scheming.
Jamie's eyes lit up, "We can get Zel! She lives this kind of stuff!"
Sophie nodded, "Yeah! Jack can get her."
Jack furrowed his brows and moved his head back, "What? Shouldn't it be one of you guys?"
Sophie shrugged, "Fine, I'll walk you there."

Zel was quietly singing to herself The Christmas Song as she cleaned her room.
Sophie and Jack listened as they climbed the ladder.
"Chestnuts roasting by an open fire." she lightly sang with her melodic voice, putting the observers in a trance. Her voice seemed to fill the room, light it up.
She swayed as she dusted and wiped down everything, "Jack Frost nipping at your nose."
Jack's eyes lit up after hearing his name.
"Yule-tide caro-" her voice cracked when she turned and seen her little sister and well... Jack, "How... How long have you guys been there?"
"The first two lines." Sophie admitted, "Come on, we are all gonna play outside."
Zel's face was flushed, "Uh... Okay. I'll just grab a jacket."
Sophie nodded and started leaving, "Okay, I'll go check on Jamie, Jack will walk you out."
"Okay. Wait, what?" Both Jack and Zel said unanimously.
"Can't hear your complaints I'm busy leaving~"
Jack looked down at Sophie walking off, "For a little girl she's an evil genius."
Zel nodded, "Yeah, she will learn all your secrets and use it against you."
"Wasn't she... Quiet?"
"She's still quiet. Just... Observant and manipulative."
Zel opened her dresser drawer and grabbed a lavender jacket.
Jack looked at her in her long purple skirt matched with the lavender jacket. He couldn't help but see Rapunzel.
Yes, he knows they're different people. But... Are they?
Zel waved her hand to get his attention as she noticed he zoned out, "Okay, well... We should head out." she suggested walking passed the memorized Jack as a cotton candy scent filled his nostrils.
He snapped out of his trance and followed the sweet-smelling girl.

Jamie drew an image in the snow and pointed to it, "Me and Sophie want it like this. Kind of like a rollercoaster with the hill!"
Jack looked at the sloppily drawn instructions and nodded, "Yeah, I can totally do that."
He aimed the end of his staff a little ways ahead, still in the yard, and shot out ice.
First, he formed a frozen ladder to climb along with a long slide going down including twists and turns toward the bottom.
Jamie raised his fist in the air, "This is gonna be so awesome!"
Jamie went first, the first part was slow but once it went down the hill it went faster and faster. He was screaming in excitement.
Next was Sophie. She had laid down onto the street luge and began drifting off in the comfortable seat. She struggled to stay awake as the ride down just made her more drowsy instead of afraid.
Jamie kicked off his little sister and carried the board to Zel, who was in shock, "Hey, it's your turn!" he exclaimed.
Zel laughed, "I couldn't, I doubt I could. Mother wouldn't-"
"Mom's in the house, we won't tell."
Zel pursed her lips and darted her eyes everywhere. She grabbed the board, "Alright, fine. I'll try it."
She climbed up and sat in the contraption, breathing in and out, "Okay Zee. You got this." she whispered.
"Is there some kind of helmet?" she yelled.
"Not that I own." shouted back.
As she slowly laid down, crossing her arms like a mummy, Jack scooped up a ball of snow and waited until Zel got about halfway down the little slide before any intense speed started picking up.
"Hey! Rapunzel!"
Zel sat up, looking at him out of habit and a snowball came flying and hit her in the chest, knocking her down.
Luckily it wasn't a very big fall.
Jamie covered his mouth told to hold back his laughter and Jack didn't care to hide it. He never recalled laughing so hard.
Especially when Zel stood back up, covered in snow, "Did you just--"
Jamie and Sophie covered their eyes.
"Oh." Zel grumbled, "It's on Frosty." she threatened, grabbing a snowball.
She aimed it for a second, trying to get the perfect angle and when she shot, it flew into his nose and mouth.
"I think that snow was yellow." she joked.
Jack furrowed his eyebrows and wiped the remaining snow out of his mouth, "Dis ez war." he responded with his tongue hanging out.
Zel smirked, "Bring it."
Jack grabbed another heap of snow and rolled it up. He blew frost onto it to make this one more secure. He threw it and hit her hair.
Zel shook her head and scooped another one but she took cover behind the ladder and aimed it at Jack's upper chest. The reason being so she could get snow between his clothing.
Jamie jumped up with a toothy grin, throwing a ball at Jack and hiding behind Sophie.
"Jamie!" Sophie cried as she walked away so she could throw stuff at her annoying brother.

The four began getting into a pretty serious snowball fight and played until the moon was high in the sky.
Zel led the children inside and instead of waving Jack goodbye. She gave him a thumbs up.
Which this time, he returned.