Chapter 2

"Jack?"
Jack's eyes widened, "Can she see me?" he asked under his breath.
Suddenly Zel realized what was happening and walked beside Sophie, who was now standing in front of Jack.
Zel got on her knees, "I see, well, hello Jack!" she smiled, talking to his lower waist.
His cheeks turned red.
"This is Jack Frost!" Sophie exclaimed.
Zel nodded, "Really? Would Jack Frost like to play with us?" she asked Sophie, emphasizing his name.
Sophie moved Zel's chin upward to face Jack, "No no, he's up here. He's really tall."
Zel giggled and stood up, trying to look in the direction Sophie pointed out, "Ah, my apologies Jack. That was very rude of me, would you care to play with us?" she requested bowing.
Jack lightly smirked.
"Yeah, Jack! Play with us!"
He laughed, "I guess, but just for a little bit."
Zel tilted her head waiting for the cue from Sophie.
"He said yes but not for very long."
Zel clasped her hands together, "Lovely, Jack can be the prince I'm fighting. Are you up for the match sir?" she jokingly asked.
He laughed at her goofy stance, "I'd be up for it."
"He said okay!" Sophie squealed.
Zel clapped, "Perfect!" She then jumped back onto the bed and grabbed her plastic sword, "Fight me if you dare, Frost." Zel smirked.
Jack grinned, "I dare." he replied, knowing she couldn't hear him.
He didn't grab or make a weapon at risk of being seen so he posed as if he had something to fight her with.
"Okay, he's in front of you." Sophie pointed out.
Zel nodded, "Got it." She angled her sword to where Jack could lean his weapon against, so he pretended to do so.
"Go!" Sophie shouted.
Zel quickly moved her weapon crashing into what she thought would be the invisible man's hip.
Jack saw it and flew up due to force of habit, "He flew!" Sophie directed.
Zel turned back to face her sister, "For real? What a cheater." she joked causing the other two to laugh.
Jack hovered behind Zel.
"He's behind you!" Sophie shouted to her.
Zel immediately turned around.
Jack faced Sophie, "How is that fair?"
Sophie giggled.
As his back was turned Zel "sliced" a rib.
"Jack you've been hit!" she shouted.
Zel looked at her relieved, "Oh, I got him? I mean-of course I got him."
Jack grabbed his side and pretended to be in pain as he fell to the ground, "Dying." he wailed.
Sophie laughed again as Zel jumped down from the bed and into the fortress, "My princess! I have come to rescue you!" Zel rejoiced.
She grabbed Sophie and raised her high in the air.
Jack was entranced by them and quickly grabbed the camera to snap a photo.
After he clicked they changed.
Zel's hair appeared long and blonde again, changing into the purple dress form the other time it happened.
But, this time Sophie changed too. Given side bangs and brown hair, changing into a brown dress.
She looked almost exactly like... No...
Mary?
After blinking again they reverted to their normal selves, Jack fell backward and clenched his aching chest.
Sophie saw him fall and became instantly worried, "Jack!" she yelled, signaling Zel to put her down.
Sophie ran to his aid and Zel followed.
"Jack are you okay?" Sophie asked him filled with worry.
Jack was struggling to breathe as his vision grew blurry.
"What happened?" Zel inquired, trying to be concerned.
"I don't know, he just, fell." Sophie tried to explain tearing up for reasons even she didn't understand.
Zel noticed, "Oh honey, are you okay?"
Sophie watched as Jack's eyes rolled to the back of his head and cried in Zel's arms.
Zel, now actually concerned, slowly rubbed Sophie's back in an attempt to comfort her.
She stared blankly at Jack.
Now worried about Sophie's overactive imagination, she couldn't help but wonder what was going through that girl's mind.
"Jamie, we gotta... Tell Jamie..." Sophie said between sobs.
Sophie ran downstairs without explanation leaving Zel and Jack alone.
Zel looked at the empty space.
She even felt her hand around to see if something was invisible.
"Is that a... Polaroid?" she asked picking up the camera. "How did this get in here?"

Jack slowly opened up his eyes. He awoke to see Zel sitting over him.
Despite her being partly at fault for why he temporarily passed out, he felt relief.
She couldn't see him and he knew that. But being able to see her was enough.
She jumped after accidentally pressing the picture button on the camera.
A photo developed instantly, Zel grabbed it and waved the photo in the air, allowing it to develop.
She looked at the image and saw an orange orb.
She squinted at it and looked back at the area she snapped.
Jack watched her intrigue, making him believe that maybe she could see him.
She seemed to be studying something, she was just unaware that it was him.
She rests her hand on top of the wood, "Sophie's imaginary friend? What was it? Jack Frost? Are you--"
Sophie ran up the stairs dragging Jamie behind her, "Jack fainted!" she screamed.
Jamie looked at Jack as Jack causally waved, "He looks fine to me."
Sophie breathed a sigh of relief.
Rapunzel giggled, "You know Jack too, huh?"
Jamie nodded, "Yeah, he comes over a lot."
"I see, he must be important to the both of you to get this worried over him." They nodded, "It's nice to see you guys care so much about something, I'll go help mom set the table. Jamie, please calm your sister. I'm... Worried." Zel finished, standing up and leaving.
Jamie looked at Jack who had been silently watching the whole thing, "Can she see you?"
Jack shrugged, "I don't know, sometimes I feel like she might. Most of the time she needs direction for the general area I'm in."
Sophie shook her head, "She can't."
"Really?"
"If she needed tips where to aim her sword then she probably can't see you."
"But she took a picture and then looked at me, at my face. Then she was speaking to me but she didn't finish what she was saying." Jack muttered.
"Speaking of pictures, did you take the photos I asked for?" Jamie interrupted.
Jack bounced his head between his shoulders, "I got photos of your parents, none of your sisters." he explained without mentioning the one he took of the girls playing together.
He didn't know why but... He wanted to keep it.
"It's been like half an hour, I'm almost finished with my room and you couldn't take four pictures?"
Jack nervously laughed.
"Fine, just... where's the camera?"
Jack rubbed his forehead trying to remember where he last saw it, "I think your sister took it with her."