Chapter 14

Someone knocked on the door harshly a few times before Mrs. Bennet opened it.
"Who are you?" she asked the stranger.
The stranger nodded, "I'm one of Zel's friends, can I speak to her?"
She gave the person a perplexed looked, "Ah... Okay. I'll see if I can.. get her."

"Zel!" her mother shouted upwards, "There's an... Older man waiting for you."
Zel popped her head out, "What? Who?"
She shrugged, "I didn't bother asking, I figured you'd scare him off eventually."
Zel jumped down to the floor and rushed to the door, "Flynnigan?" she asked looking at the man in front of her.
Flynnigan smirked at her confusion.
Zel hastily shut the door behind her, "What are you doing here?"
Flynnigan scratched the back of his neck, "Generally, I don't start conversations with something this dark but... Can I stay with you?"
Zel narrowed her eyebrows, "What? I don't even know you."
"That wasn't a problem yesterday."
"Yesterday I was asking for help and paid you, today you're asking me to let a stranger live in my house for free." she argued.
"Come on, I won't be noticed. I'm quiet, sort of, I can just hide out in your attic for a few days." he pleaded.
Zel shook her head, "No, go hide out at your own home!"
"No, see. That's just the thing, I'm... homeless."
Zel stopped and furrowed her brows as she stared at the ground, "...Are you... Are you lying?" she finished, regaining composure and glaring up at him.
He put on a straight face and looked into her eyes.
"It's not my house to share." she finished as she headed back inside feeling slightly guilty.
Flynnigan rolled his eyes and walked away. Leaving the yard he looked once more at the house and seen a window in the attic. A small grin formed across his face as an idea popped in his head.

"North!" Jack shouted as he arrived in the old man's workshop.
North looked up from an elf to Jack, "Yes boy?"
Jack landed near him, "You were right! Everything is just happening all over again in a more modern sequence." he explained, "That guy she married, he's here."
"Really? You found the girl, already?" North questioned.
Jack nodded, "Well... See she's... Jamie's sister..."
North laughed, "A Bennett? You have your hands full, Jack."
"Well... Yeah. She sees me, but she's refusing to accept the fact I'm visible. This Punzie is all about logic and all things rational."
"Punzie?" North clarified.
"What?"
"You just said this Punzie."
"I don't think so..."
North shook his head, "Well, nevermind, just... You can't expect them to have the same personality. They were raised differently in very different environments."
"I know but... She is the same person. Deep down... She's my person." Jack sulked.
North patted his back, "... I'm sorry Jack..."
Jack looked at the ground, not shifting his gaze, not even moving.
It caused North to removed his hand as he looked down at the boy, "You'll never know what could've happened if you don't try. Just go." he mumbled.
Jack looked up at him, "What?"
"Just go. Go follow your weird little romance."
Jack pursed his lips and nodded before leaving once again. This time with faith.

After a day of spending time with her family, Zel retreated to her room to read.
She grabbed a book off the shelf above her vanity.
She heard a creak on her floor and instantly jumped. She turned around and held the book in front of her as a weapon, "Who's there?" she asked the empty room, paranoid.
She heard someone silently curse under their breath and walked to the bed. Being as there were no other hiding spots in the small room.
"Come... Come out." she demanded, failing to put up the tough front she thought she was. She had her book raised high in the air, ready to swing.
"What are you gonna do? Read to me to death?" the voice responded.
"Flynnigan?" she shouted.
He peeked his head out from under the bed, "You know, this is a really off day for me. This doesn't usually happen."
Zel furrowed an eyebrow, "What? Off... Off day for you?! You're in my house! In my room!"
"Yeah, I noticed something was up after seeing the bed."
Zel glared and whacked him in the face with the book, knocking him out.
She pouted her lip and dropped the hardback, huffing out air.
She then grabbed him by his dark hair and struggled to drag him out from under the bed.
"Rapunzel!" a voice said entering the room, making Zel drop the strange man.
"Who?"
Jack stood at the hole in the attic, hurting after seeing the man in her room.
Zel turned her head, at this point she had given up on what's logical with this particular boy, "Oh, it's just you. You're invisible right? Can you help me get Flynnigan out of here."
"He... He's leaving?"
Zel grabbed his wrist and began tugging, "Yes, but he shouldn't even have been in the house in the first place! This is breaking and entering!"
Jack chuckled, "Yeah... What do you need help with?"
"Boog-- I mean Jamie, he says you're magical. Can you like... Poof him outside?"
Jack's quiet chuckle turned into a heartwarming laugh, "Sadly, I'm pretty sure I can't do that, but..." he finished as he made a path of ice on the floor.
"How did you-- My floor!" she studdered, following the trail of beautiful ice with her eyes, "Wow that's really detailed."
Jack smirked, "Thanks."
Zel nodded and dragged Flynnigan's body onto the ice so she could slide him.
When she got to the exit she looked up at Jack, "Okay, well I have another question."
Jack furrowed a brow.
"So... You can go invisible and I was wondering if you could invisible-ify us. So that we can kinda sneak him out Harry Potter style?"
"Who is Harry Potter?"
"Not a reader, huh?"
Jack's face flushed.
"He's a wizard, powerful Gryffindor. I myself am a Ravenclaw. Or at least that's what the Pottermore test says." she rambled.
"Gryffindor? Ravenclaw? Pottermore? What?" Jack clarified.
Zel blinked, "Oh, sorry. Yeah, back to our mission. How do we get him out without getting caught?"
"We could... Throw him out the window... Preferably into a trashcan."
"That's a... a thought, but I don't want to risk ruining my education." Zel admitted.
Jack nodded, "How did he get in without anyone noticing?"
"He climbed through my window!"
"So... Back to the tossing him out idea."
"Yes... Or... One of us has to go ahead and search for... People? I guess look out for everyone that lives here. If mom thought I was hiding a boy I probably wouldn't allow me back home." she explained.
"Okay, we don't want that. I'll check."
"R-really? I just assumed you'd be stronger and... No nevermind, they can't see you. You're good."
She gave him a dorky thumbs-up as he smirked and climb down.
He returned her thumbs up, raising his hand into the entrance of the attic, after not seeing or hearing anyone, "All clear." he whisper-shouted to her.
A corner of her mouth turned upward unknowingly as she dropped Flynnigan's body to the floor.
"Guess you didn't catch him?" she remarked after hearing the loud thud.
"Oh, sorry, just missed him." Jack obviously lied.
The two shared a silent laugh as Zel climbed down.
"Do the ice road thing again, that should speed things up." Zel suggested.
Jack complied and made a long road leading out the door.
Zel pushed Flynnigan's unconscious body down the frosted path and picked up her speed slowly more and more until he was eventually outside.
"What do we do with him now?" Zel asked Jack as they stood in the middle of the road.
"I say leave him."
"Okay, we're just abusive kidnappers, we aren't murderers." Zel joked.
"We wouldn't be killing him if he gets ran over that's the driver's fault."
"You sure you can't magically poof him to another place?" Zel restated.
"No, but... Wait, actually sort of."
Jack hit the ground with the bottom of his staff and opened a portal to Bunnymund's realm.
Zel peaked in, "That's... That's a lot of eggs. Are we putting him in there?"
Jack nodded, "Yeah, I know the owner. He just loves company."
Zel nodded and clasped her hands together, "Perfect!" she exclaimed as she kicked Flynnigan into the glowing portal.
Upon entering, Flynnigan landed on a pile of eggs and broke them.
"Oh... Oops."
Zel regained composure and patted the dust off of her dress, "Well, that was... Eventful. Goodbye now." she finished as she awkwardly exited, giving him another thumbs up.
She stopped at the door and turned around to see him watching her, "That egg portal thing... Would've been helpful if you remembered it in the attic." she smirked, shutting the door.
Jack slapped his knee, "Should've put him in a dumpster in China. Or a Mexican restaurant sewage tank."