Chapter 19

"Uhm, Jack?" Toothiana waved.
Jack blinked rapidly, "Oh, sorry. I wasn't listening. I have to go."
Toothiana moved back her head, "What?"
Jack didn't respond and he flew away.

Where?
To Rapunzel, of course.
To do what?
He didn't know, he just wanted to see her.

"Carl!" Mrs. Bennett screamed as she slammed the door shut.
Mr. Bennett, who was playing a dragon-related game on his phone looked up to see his angry wife, "Hey babe, how was shopping?"
Her eyebrows were angled and it was obvious, the woman was not happy.
What a surprise.
"Don't you 'Hey babe' me! You know what I just learned by eavesdropping?"
"That it's illegal?" he commented trying to focus on both his screaming wife and the intense dragon battle on his phone.
For some reason, Jamie was better at the game then he was.
"Zel, our little Zel believes in that tyrant."
"Tyrant?"
"Jamie and Sophie imaginary friend! I overheard our genius daughter talking to air!" she continued.
He cocked an eyebrow "You sure it wasn't to a friend?"
"She was in her room and has no phone. She called him Jack-Jack the same guy Jamie rambles about-and there was no response!"
"Weren't you the one to bring up Jack Frost?"
"That is beside the point! I refuse to allow our daughter to ruin her entire life over someone who doesn't exist."
"I think it's cute they all have the same fake friend." Mr. Bennett admitted once again.
Mrs. Bennett threw all the decorations off her dresser in a fit of rage, "She's leaving! I'm sending her back to school. Jamie and Sophie are clearly bad influences."
Mr. Bennett threw down his phone and stood up, "You can't get rid of our daughter! I rarely get to see her as much as it is. Why would you take away what little time we can spend with her?"
"For her future!"
"For her future or for yours?" he clarified, "You think you can nag her until she gets rich enough to pay for your every whim? I'm not an idiot, I've seen what you've searched. Plastic surgeries, clothing from pricey brands. We could never afford that, but maybe future Zel could. Right?"
The vein on Mrs. Bennett's forehead only grew as her eyebrows and nose twitched, "We are doing this so Zel can secure a future for herself. One that has money and is successful." she repeated. This time her tone was calmer. But the anger was even stronger.
A fury that can't be extinguished.
She had already made up her mind and she was in no way going to change it.
She folded her arms over her waist, "I will break the new to her. She will be on a train by morning. This will be her last night here. If you wish to do anything, do so now."

Jack flew through the open window so quickly he crashed into Zel's floor, not regretting a single moment of it.
"Rapunzel!" he shouted to the girl how was rapidly packing a suitcase, "Rapunzel!" he happily exclaimed again as he just liked saying her name.
He quickly stood up.
Fed up with everything Zel grabbed onto her short hair, "STOP! STOP CALLING ME THAT. I'M ZEL! I'M NOT THIS RAPUNZEL YOU'RE SO OBSESSED WITH." she screamed, unleashing all the rage inside of her on this boy.
"You... Know?"
"Jamie told me. I asked after I left the room. Stop. Stop right now and go." she pleaded harshly. "I'm Zee! I'm Zel. I'm anything but Rapunzel! This is getting annoying. GO AWAY."
"But... Rapunzel."
"I'M ZEL! LEAVE. YOU'RE CRAZY. STOP PESTERING ME." she shouted as her eyes welled.
Jack stomped forward, "No, you're Rapunzel! You're my Rapunzel."
Zel furiously shook her head as she backed up.
"I... I have proof." Jack admitted.
"No... No, you don't."
"I do... You like proof. You wanna see?"
Zel fell to the floor, "You... You don't have anything. Stop."
Jack inched himself closer as he pulled two memory vials out if his pocket.
Neither his own, one Mary, the other... Rapunzel.
He handed her the round metal containers and she rubbed her glossy eyes, "What... What is this?"
"Well... One... Is my little sister... But, that one..." he pointed to the one with Zel's face on it, "That one's you."