Chapter 4

He stood on the frozen lake, holding his sister's memories.
The scent of pine needles filled his nostrils.
He looked ahead of him, at the space his sister was before he fell in the lake.
He was looking between the metal container and the ice until he stopped.
He let out a huff of air, "Here goes nothing." he said reaching his hand out, his mind focusing on the name of the girl Jamie mentioned.

"That's a lot of detail," Jamie said to Zel as he looked over her shoulder.
Zel giggled, "Why, thank you."
Sophie was tearing paper for texture while Jamie handed them to his sister.
"Maybe if we try hard enough, you'll have the coolest project in your class." Zel smiled.
"You're helping, I will definitely have the coolest project in class."
Rapunzel smiled.
"When we're done we have to wait for Sophie to clean her room before you get your gifts. Don't try to butter me up to make the wait shorter."

Tension filled the dimly lit living room.
The smell from dinner a few hours ago faintly occupied the area.
Mrs. Bennett stared down Mr. Bennett during his phone call.
After a while, he hung up and looked at her, "Did I do something wrong?"
Mrs. Bennett glared.
He buried his face in his hand, "Honey, I won't know unless you tell me."
"So I was talking to Zel earlier, before dinner." she said, ignoring her husband's comment, "And she informed me that Jamie and Sophie see Jack Frost."
Mr. Bennett laughed, "Well I don't think there is anything wrong with that."
"It's been two years. Jamie is twelve, he's almost a teenager and is still seeing a fictional being," she argued.
"So the kids have an imaginary friend, I don't see why it's bad. They have tons of regular friends already and the imaginary one prevents them from growing up on us too fast." he said sipping his drink.
"Use a coaster," she demanded, "and I'm already aware of their existing friends. I'm just trying not to raise my child to be sixty years old, living with his parents and still sledding with Jack Frost. Jamie is a smart kid, he's always been a smart kid. But since Jack came into his life he's been slowly failing school subjects."
"He's a solid AB student, good enough to get him into a college. And who's to say it's the imaginary friend? Maybe the subjects are just getting harder to grasp."
She stomped her foot, "I know he's an AB student! But last year his GPA was a 4.0! And Zel never went through this problem. The lowest grade she's ever had was a 92."
He shook his head, "We can't expect every one of our kids to end up like Zel. For heaven's sake, she got accepted into like an ivy league of highschools. She is on a free scholarship and chilling with rich brats who pay thousands. Shouldn't we at least focus on we don't have to pay for two separate college funds?"
"We don't know if Jamie will get a free scholarship, have you been watching his grades slowly plummet?!" she hissed.
"He has like one B in science. It's not even a low B." he sneered.
"It was an A last year! Do you want our son to be dumb?"
Mr. Bennett shook his head, "He is currently in his room, doing homework, the boy is trying. Give him a break. End of discussion."
Mrs. Bennett pouted her lip and glared at him before storming off.

Sorry to cut the chapter short, I just did a little glimpse into the parent's lives and thought process.
I don't know.
The last chapter was longer than I wanted so I made this one shorter...