Chapter Eleven

James POV:

I walk into the auto repair shop. Ever since she had that breakdown in the shop the other day when I arrived, I have been wanting to go and see her. She said I calmed her down, but I feel like I should have done more.

I won't admit it to anyone, but I am so glad my car broke down that day. If it hadn't I would have never met Mason. I have been secretly praying that my car doesn't get fixed anytime soon so I have an excuse to keep seeing her. I feel like once it is fixed, she is going to drop out of my life, and I definitely don't want that.

I see Kamryn, Mason's annoying friend and Chase's girl, sitting at the front desk when I walk in. "Hey, is Mason here?" I ask immediately. I see Chase smirk out of the corner of my eye and I go and sit somewhat causally in one of the waiting chairs.

"No, she is gone for a while with Andy."

I shoot up from my chair. "Who is Andy?" The question shoots out of my mouth before I can register what I am asking. I vaguely remember hearing his name, but I am too distracted by the thought of her being with another guy to remember why I know his name.

"Andy owns the auto part shop we use. Andy's Auto Parts. You don't need to worry about him taking your girl. He is happily married with kids." She laughs.

I roll my eyes. "I wasn't worried about him taking Mason. She isn't even my girl." I lie. Of course I was worried. Mason has been mine since I first fought with her and she fought back harder.

"Anyway, she should be coming back soon. She left a while ago so you can wait here if you want. I am sure she won't be longer than half an hour." With that she turned back to her desk and continued working whilst talking to Chase. I sit back down on the chair and wait. My mind wanders to thinking about work, the fake news that is always being published, and Mason. I always seem to end up thinking about her, like she has taken a home in my mind and doesn't plan on leaving. I shake my head to clear my thoughts and catch the end of Chase and Kamryn's conversation.

"she is going out with Jack on Friday."

Who? Mason? "Who is going out on Friday?" I demand. Their heads snap towards me, shocked that I overheard the conversation. "I said who is going out on Friday?" I repeat.

"Umm. Well. MasonisgoingoutwithJackonFridaynight." The words tumble out her mouth so quickly I have no idea what she said. I ask her to repeat her words, but slower so that at least one person on this planet could understand. Harsh but what did you expect? I am not going to be nice about this.

She looks at Chase, then back at me. "I said, Mason is, umm, going out with Jack on Friday." She looks at me bracing for me to curse her out, but I don't. I am too stunned to speak.

"I-Mason-Friday?" I was going to ask her out to dinner on Friday. My moods begins to sour and I start to become frustrated. "And you are going to let her? What the hell is wrong with you?" I yell. She looks taken aback.

"Excuse you. I didn't have to tell you. And I am not going to stop my best friend from going out with someone who can actually care for her. Someone who isn't going to be hot and cold with her all the time. Someone who knows her and appreciates what she does for people."

Just as I am about to yell at her, I hear someone walk through the side door. I turn around and see Mason as she yells, "What the hell is going on?" We all just stare at her. "Do I have to ask again?" I start rambling an answer, but Kamryn does as well. The both of us are talking, each trying to speak our side of the story over the other. She tells us to stop and speak one at a time. Kamryn looks at me, expecting me to jump at the opportunity to kiss up to Mason. As if. I tell Mason it doesn't matter which confuses the hell out of Chase and Kamryn.