I'm Fine

Hi! This is my first story. It's very simple, but it's just the beginning. I don't have many ideas, so please feel free to send in recommendations. The future stories will hopefully be longer as well. Thanks!

Katie POV

I woke up after a good night with no terrifying demigod nightmares just to clutch my stomach and stumble to the bathroom. I collapsed right in front of the toilet and threw up. I slumped against the wall and closed my eyes, holding my head in my hands. I felt dizzy and my stomach was aching with sickness. I didn't notice my half-sister, Miranda, come in to check on me until she was leaning right next to me.

"Katie, you okay?" she asked. I looked up miserably, and her eyes widened. She pressed her hand against my forehead and sighed. "You definitely have a fever, probably even a flu."

I gripped the counter and very slowly pulled myself up. "I'm fine."

Miranda crossed her arms and stared right at me. "Really?"

I nodded, pushing past her to wake up the rest of our siblings. Last year I got a cold and I couldn't work in the strawberry fields, leaving my siblings some extra work. Turns out, I do a lot more than I thought I did, so my siblings had a very hard time without me. I can't let that happen again.

"Get up," I mumbled, clapping my hands to urge my siblings on. I brushed my teeth and my hair, and put on my camp T-Shirt, jeans, and white sneakers. I led my siblings outside, and they all gasped. I turned around to see the outside of our cabin covered in messy clumps of red paint. I know who did this: the Stoll brothers, Connor and Travis, sons of Hermes. Travis is my boyfriend, but he still pranks my cabin all the time. The pranks used to be directed right at me, apparently to get my attention, but those have stopped. Even though I'm dating Travis, I still like to yell at him and Connor. This morning, not so much.

Connor and Travis walked up to us, other campers gathering around, waiting to witness the usual yelling battle.

"You little-" Miranda began, before I stepped in front of her and put my hand up.

"Let it go, Miranda," I said. "C'mon." I motioned for the rest of my siblings to follow me, and we walked right past Connor and Travis, who had very confused looks on their faces.

"Hey... wait!" Travis called. He ran up to me and pulled me aside, leaving Miranda to escort our siblings. Travis didn't have his usual smirk, but I couldn't tell if he was confused or concerned. Suddenly, he grinned like a major dork. "You're not mad for the first time, Katie-Kat."

I shrugged, and as he leaned down to kiss me, I backed up and put my hands up as a barrier. Travis narrowed his eyebrows. I don't want him to get sick, but I also don't want him to find out because he will definitely send me to the infirmary, and I do not have the energy to deal with Apollo kids right now.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" he asked.

I put on my best clueless expression. "Nothing, Trav. I'm fine."

"Why can't I kiss you?" he asked.

"Uh..." was all I could get out. I tried to focus my eyes on him, but he looked like he was swaying back and forth... and now he's blurry... oh, I'm swaying. My knees buckled and I collapsed. Travis caught me and slowly lowered me to the ground, my head resting in his lap.

"Whoa... Kates, you are not fine."

I removed his hands off my face and pushed on the ground, struggling to get up. He grabbed my arm as I got up shakily. When I turned to look at him, it felt like I was dreaming, like I wasn't actually there. I don't really know how to explain it. Travis grabbed me by the shoulders and I frantically hit his arms, knowing my strength is about the size of an ant's right now. Travis pressed his hand against my forehead and I stopped squirming. He sighed.

"No strawberry fields for you, Kit Kat," he murmured.

"No, Travis..." I began, when suddenly he grabbed my legs and flung me onto his shoulder. "STOLL! PUT ME DOWN!" I yelled, kicking and screaming.

He only laughed as he walked me to the infirmary. I felt the stare of dozens of campers laying on Travis and I, but I kept fighting. Finally, I heard the voice of Will Solace, son of Apollo.

"What the-"

"Katie Gardner here is very sick but refuses to get help," Travis said, placing me on the ground and wrapping his arms around me. "She is a fighter, this won't be easy." He kissed my cheek and led me inside the infirmary with Will Solace.

Will laughed. "Sorry, Katie, we can't have you spreading sickness to the rest of the camp. Lay here and I'll bring you medicine in a few minutes."

When Will left, I was still standing. Travis picked me up bridal style and I shrieked as he placed me in the bed, covering me with the blanket. I crossed my arms and gave him a cold glare.

"How dare you bring me here against my will." I said firmly.

Travis laughed. "I only want you to be safe, my Katie-Kat."

"I hate you, Stoll."

He sat down on the stool next to my bed and held my hand. "I love you too."