Love Potion [Pt. 2]

Here's Part 2, aka the final part of Love Potion. I'm going to try to post at least once a week, but we'll see. I also might start another collection of one-shots but with just the theme of Percy Jackson, meaning no specific couple or group involved. I just knew I wanted a separate one for Tratie because they're my favorite PJO Wattpad stories to read.

Okay, I got distracted. Enjoy!

*DISCLAIMER* All characters in this story except for Darla and Darrell belong to Rick Riordan. 

Travis POV

The hellhound sprang forward, and I grabbed Katie's arm, jumping out of its way to the left side of the room. Darla and Darrell jumped to the right. Darla plucked the rose from her apron pocket, crushed it, and it turned into a glittering rose quartz sword with a Celestial bronze tip. I'm not sure if those tips are really that effective, but hopefully they are.

Darrell took a pink cloth napkin from his jeans pocket, waved it, and it expanded into a gleaming shield of pearls. Again, not sure how effective that is. I drew my Celestial bronze sword that I stole- er, borrowed from camp, and Katie unsheathed her Imperial gold dagger that I "borrowed" for her when I visited Camp Jupiter.

Darla and Darrell backed into a corner.

"What in Hades are you doing?" I shouted.

"Mom said we can only hurt the monster in self-defense," Darla called back. "Those who seek the antidote shall slay the guardian."

I groaned. The hellhound eyed the twins suspiciously, but didn't attack. Before I could come up with a plan, the hellhound turned towards Katie and I and launched itself forward. We both rolled to opposite sides. Katie leapt at the hellhound and sank her dagger right in its back leg. The hellhound howled in pain, and turned to face her. I ran forward and slashed its right front leg with my sword, trying to get the hellhound's attention off of Katie. It doesn't matter if my love for her was created by a potion, even when I pull pranks on her, I always have to make sure she's safe and unharmed. During the Titan War, she and Connor were the first people I asked about. During that time though, she and I were still considered enemies, so the people I asked began to become suspicious of my true feelings towards her. 

Katie and I were on opposite sides of the hellhound, which gave us an advantage. The hellhound would have to focus on one of us to eat up. We both moved around, hitting different parts of the hellhound's body. One of Katie's strikes made the hellhound collapse. Katie ran to my side as I raised my sword.

"Wait," she said, holding up her hand. I stared at her.

"Um... what?" I responded dumbly.

Katie walked towards the hellhound's head and knelt right beside it. I've learned not to question her, but I wanted to tackle her away from the hellhound's mouth, his strongest weapon. But it didn't attack her. I noticed Katie blinking back tears. I've been dating her for six months, and embarrassed her for years before that; basically, I can tell when she's about to cry. When her eyes met mine, I understood. She was sad because the hellhound was only doing its job, guarding the potion. It was working for Aphrodite, for an Olympian... it wasn't truly our enemy. I walked beside her and heard the hellhound whimper.

"We should make it faster," I insisted. Katie nodded. I walked to the hellhound's stomach area and closed my eyes as I stuck the sword through its body. I hate doing things Katie doesn't want me to do, which is odd because as a son of the god of thieves and trickery, I hate being told what to do. Pranking her and teasing her is different now... if she asked me to stop, I would. But the thing is, even when she's yelling at me, Katie never tells me what to do. I always make fun of her for her love of plants, but even when she gets mad at me for my pranks, she still accepts them. She also just laughs whenever I attempt to hide something I stole. She doesn't blame me for my natural ways.