No More Yelling [Pt. 2]

Here's Part 2! Thank you so much for over 100 reads! If you have any requests, let me know :)

THAT AFTERNOON - TRAVIS

Travis was sweaty from sword fighting practice. He took all of his anger and confusion about Katie on his opponents... basically, he fought like a demon. He was about to walk into the Hermes cabin to take a shower, when he heard soft singing coming from the strawberry fields. He decided to see who it was. As he walked closer, he confirmed it was the voice of a girl. When he came into the clearing, he saw Katie Gardner, sitting criss-crossed next to some strawberries. She was singing softly, and her voice was very soothing. Travis could just lie down and listen to her all day...

"Trav?" Katie called out. Travis snapped back into reality to see Katie looking at him with a confused look on her face. He smiled at the nickname. He always called Katie nicknames to annoy her, but she rarely called him anything but just Travis or Stoll.

He replaced the smile with a smirk, and walked over to her. He sat down next to her. "Hey, Katie-Kat."

Katie rolled her eyes and refocused on the strawberries. "How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that, Stoll?"

And 'Trav' is gone.

"C'mon, you love it. So... how do you like the new hair?" he asked.

Katie looked at him, and her eyes drifted to his hair. She reached up and touched it, which made Travis' stomach fill with butterflies. He wanted to pull her closer and kiss her... but he could only dream.

"I-I meant yours."

"Oh." Katie pulled her hand away. "Sorry. Yeah, it was a good try, Stoll, but you can only use the same prank on the same person so many times." When Travis gave her a puzzled look, she laughed. "I check my shampoo, idiot."

Travis stared at her as she plucked a strawberry, observed it, and put it in her basket.

"So, what do you need?" she asked.

"Just here to bother you." Travis replied. Katie looked up at him, and his smile fell. One second ago she was laughing, and now she just looked defeated.

"Look, Travis, I don't want to be the person who can't take a joke or whatever, but why do you prank me so often? Not even my cabin, just me specifically? I know your dad is Hermes, but still. Do you really hate me that much?" she asked. Then she started blabbering. "Because I don't know what I did to make you hate me. I'm sorry if I ever offended you or made you mad, I promise I didn't mean to. Miranda said she thinks that you like me, but that's imposs-"

Travis cut her off by pressing his lips against hers. She wasn't kissing back, she was frozen. He pulled away to see a wide-eyed Katie.

"I don't hate you... I could never hate you. I'm so in love with you, Kates. And I swear this isn't a prank." Travis was worried he went too far by kissing her, but then Katie smiled and threw her arms around his neck and kissed him. He hugged her waist and she pulled him closer. Her hands ran through his hair as they kissed.

"Hey, Katie, I-" the voice of Miranda paused. Travis and Katie broke apart. They both sat up to a gaping Miranda, who quickly put on a sly grin. "What were you doing?"

Travis did what Hermes kids do best: he fled the scene.

"Talk to you later, Katie-Kat!" he called out, waving at her. Katie rolled her eyes and laughed.