Done

hi I have no idea what this is lmao. It's formatted very weirdly, so it may be confusing. I wanted to capture the confusion of their emotions but it didn't work out how I had hoped. oh well, I hope this is a little entertaining at least. also tysm for 1k reads! last night I came up with a ton of ideas so hopefully I'll be able to update consistently (even with school). also I know I need longer titles but none of my stories have them UGH

TRAVIS

Travis Stoll was famous for pranking and stealing. As a son of Hermes, that's not surprising, but he was even more skilled than most of his half-siblings. There was one thing he wanted to steal, however, that had been proven unsuccessful: the heart of Katie Gardner.

He tried everything. He wondered why it was so impossible for someone as sneaky and experienced as him to steal the heart of a girl. Travis had been asked out by many girls at camp, except for the one he actually wants.

He almost wanted to blame it on Cupid, and assume he pulled another 'Apollo and Daphne' story, but he forced himself to admit he'd fallen for the girl who hates him.

Katie wasn't amused by anything he did. A prank would just make her yell, and a joke or cheesy pick up line would make her roll her eyes. Whenever he noticed she was down, he tried to be helpful, but she would never confide in him. Although Travis knew he couldn't blame her for that.

He couldn't impress her, he couldn't be there for her. She would never let Travis close enough to steal her heart.

That's why one night, he decided to give up on her. He tore up every drawing he had ever made of Katie, ones that showed a side of her he would never be able to see. The side of her that her friends and family get. He imagined her smiling. He wondered what it sounded like when she laughed. But he knew this couldn't go on much longer without breaking him. No more games, no more hope. He was done.

Done with Katie Gardner.

KATIE

He would never like her. He's a player.

That's what Katie told herself every single day. Whenever butterflies swirl in her stomach as Travis jokingly flirts with her, whenever she forces down a smile that's threatening to form. Travis would never like a girl like her, a girl that's no fun.

If she were to tell him how she felt, Katie knew exactly what would happen. He would laugh in her face, and go around telling campers how uptight Katie Gardner was secretly hiding her feelings for him. She would never hear the end of it.

That's why she decided to be done with him. She actually started to hate him for everything he did that made her fall so hard. Could he tell that she liked him? Did he do all he has ever done just to bring her down? That's what any enemy would do. 

She locked herself in the bathroom and cried, letting out everything she had ever felt for him. She let go of the days when she felt insecure and heartbroken, when he didn't even know it. She let go of all the times he pretended to care how she felt, and how she grew scared of giving in. He seemed so sincere, but she never let herself fall for it. Katie collected herself, and decided she was done.

Done with Travis Stoll.

TRAVIS AND KATIE

Katie rushed out of her cabin. None of her siblings needed to see her eyes that were still blinking back tears. She took a breath of fresh air. The nighttime was cold, bland, much like how she wanted her feelings for Travis Stoll to be. She finally thought she was over him, then she turned around.

------

Travis' sudden rage on the papers in his private journal caused his siblings to become worried. Connor tried to calm him down.

"Travis, what's wr-"

"I'm done with her!" he screamed.

But he hadn't realized what he had really done. He erased all of the possibilities of the Katie he wanted to know. Before he could stare at the shreds of paper long enough to feel regretful, he took off outside. Then he saw her.

------

When their eyes met, they seemed to make silent confessions of everything they had hid from each other. They both hated how much they love each other, and they both had just given up. Maybe that was all they needed to be brought together.

Simultaneously, Travis and Katie sprinted towards each other. They fell to the ground, clinging onto each other. Katie moved her head in front of Travis', and he kissed her. They both felt complete. Although when they finally pulled away, Travis smirked. For the first time, Katie realized how much she loved it.

"I stole your heart, Katie-Kat."

She laughed, a sound Travis instantly loved.

"You did, Stoll. You did."

he STOLL her heart

hahaha... i'm so funny...