Kiss Me

This one-shot is inspired by Captain America: The Winter Soldier, although I tried to change it up a bit. If you haven't seen that movie, you won't get the reference, but hopefully you'll still like it!

also I just realized my last few titles are super short but whatever hahaha i honestly didn't know what to name this one. I was gonna do like 'PDA' but that was too short imo. if you have any better ideas after reading please let me know in the comments! ty!

------

Travis and Katie are on a quest together. They're being followed through a mall by a group of demigods on Kronos' side sometime before the Titan War. Travis is like 18 in ToA so I'm assuming he's around 15-16 in this story, which means Katie is too.

------

"Hurry up!" Katie shouted.

"I'm trying!" Travis replied.

They ran around the mall, ducking into stores to check if it's clear then running off somewhere else. They ran into a group of demigods rebelling against Olympus in the parking lot, where they were about to catch an Uber to take them back near camp. They had just finished retrieving some extra weapons to help prepare Camp Half-Blood for the upcoming war with the Titan lord, Kronos.

The rebelling demigods tried to attack them, but they managed to get inside the mall and outrun them.

Katie spotted one of the boys running towards them, but he didn't seem to know they were there. She grabbed Travis' arm and ducked into the Lego store. Panting, she peeked through the glass and watched the boy run past them. She turned to Travis.

"Looks like they've split up," she said.

Travis motioned for Katie to follow him and they peered out through the doors. Travis looked around the mall frantically, and Katie hoped he was formulating some sort of plan. He pointed to their left. "There."

Katie would have laughed if he wasn't being serious. "That's an escalator, Stoll. Don't you think they could be waiting down there?"

Travis shrugged. "It's the only way out. We just have to hope we led them all upstairs."

Katie wanted to protest, but she knew he was right. They couldn't exit from the top floor, and their car should be ready by now.

"Let's go."

They walked casually to the escalator, trying to blend in with the crowd. There was a person on every step, so they had to wait their turn. Katie stepped on and Travis stepped after her. She kept her head low but scanned the people going up next to them. Her eyes fell on one that didn't look like the others. It was a girl around 20, wearing a black leather jacket and black jeans. Her eyes were stormy gray and her brown hair was tied up in a high ponytail. In her right hand, she fiddled with a Celestial Bronze dagger. Katie reached back and tapped Travis' chest.

"Look." She pointed down to the girl. As they went down and she came up, Katie knew they only had seconds before she saw them.

"What do we do?" Travis asked.

Katie turned around to face him. Her only idea was the worst she could imagine, but it was better than being killed... maybe.

"Kiss me." she said.

Travis' eyes widened. "What?"

"Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable." she replied quickly.

Without waiting for a response, she grabbed his face and kissed him. It lasted for five long seconds, much longer than usual, but Katie had to make sure they passed the girl. She had to admit, kissing Travis wasn't the worst thing in the world. It surprisingly didn't feel awkward, it felt as if they both really wanted to. Katie panicked from her thoughts and pulled away. She quickly turned away from Travis, who was stunned, and marched off of the escalator. Travis caught up with her and they speed walked to the doors with their heads lowered.

"I can't believe you just kissed me," Travis muttered.

"Believe it, but know it was just for the mission." Katie replied defensively.

She tilted her head and saw Travis smirk. "Do you think I'll get another one?"

She rolled her eyes, but responded, "Maybe."

She began laughing hysterically as Travis tripped on his own feet. She continued to laugh as she pulled him up. Little did she know how many more kisses she would give him.

------

lmao the last sentence is CHEESYYYYY but they're adorable. thanks for reading!

also I started school yesterday, but I'll be doing it online so hopefully I'll still be able to upload consistently.