Pregnant?

hiii I'm back with another super basic and short one shot. but I always love reading ones like this for some reason. I've been working hard on a certain idea and it will hopefully be out by the weekend! 

this one shot takes place when Travis and Katie are married and like 26? somewhere around there.

also HAPPY BIRTHDAY PERCY!! and happy anniversary to percabeth hehehe

Katie POV

I threw up. For the sixth time in three days. There was obviously something wrong with me, but I just assumed I had the flu. The odd thing was that my temperature was normal... and I didn't have any other symptoms.

Travis was away on a work trip, and even if I could use a phone, I wouldn't have called him. He didn't need to worry, I could take care of myself. At last, I decided to go to the pharmacy. I walked up to the counter to explain my situation, when something caught my eye. On a rack to my right were boxes of pregnancy tests.

No. There's no way I could be pregnant... but that could explain it. I decided just to buy a couple, it couldn't hurt to try. An hour later, the results were in. The two pregnancy tests were face down on the counter, and I just stared at them.

"This was a bad idea," I muttered. I laughed at myself for thinking I was pregnant. I was so stupid. I flipped over one of the tests and blinked to make sure I read it correctly.

PREGNANT

I frantically picked up the other one.

PREGNANT

My heart started beating. I'm having a baby. My legs trembled, and I heard a voice call out, "Hello? Kates?"

I grabbed the door handle and slammed the door shut, turning the lock as I sank to the floor. I clutched one of the tests in my hands, a feeling of fear washing over me. What if Travis isn't ready? He can't know right now. Then he knocked on the bathroom door.

Travis POV

I smiled like an idiot as I opened the door to Katie and I's apartment. Whenever I come home from a work trip, the look on her face when she sees me just makes my heart so happy. The "greeting" I got wasn't exactly what I expected.

"Hello? Kates?" I called out. I set down my bags as I heard a door slam.

I walked down the hallway and stopped when I heard quiet sniffling. The bathroom door was shut. I knocked on the door. "Katie, you in there?"

The sniffling stopped, but the door didn't open. I drummed my fingers on the wall. "Katie, are you okay? Can I come in?"

No response. I wiggled the door knob but it didn't budge, she locked the door. I pounded my fist on the door. "Kates, please let me in." I waited ten more seconds before holding my hand in front of the door knob. I closed my eyes and felt the lock turning, before hearing the satisfying noise of a click. I opened the door to see Katie sitting against the bathtub, her arms wrapped around her knees. Tears streamed down her cheeks, and she didn't look up at me. I knelt to the ground and lightly touched her chin, forcing her to look up at me. When she met my gaze, she winced. My heart dropped like it was on a roller coaster. Katie pushed my hand off of her face and her head sank towards the ground.

"Can you leave me alone for a second?" she asked.

"I-" my eyes fell on an object next to her. Katie followed my gaze and tried to cover it with her foot but I snatched it from the floor. In my hand was a pregnancy test that has determined my wife pregnant. I felt tears start to fall down my cheeks, and I looked back at Katie. She was biting her lip, her eyes locked on me with fear. I realized she was scared of how I would react, but I couldn't be happier. At that moment, memories of when I first started dating Katie came back to me. I remember falling so quickly in love with her and imagining getting married and having kids. Once we got married, I thought all my dreams had come true. But at that moment I remembered I had one more that was now my reality.

I beamed at her in disbelief. "I'm going to be a father?"

She began to smile slowly. "Yeah."

I threw my arms around her and laughed with joy. Katie seemed so relieved, she melted into my arms and sobbed.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

She removed her head from my shoulder and managed a smile. "Sick. Very sick. Also scared... but excited."

I kissed her forehead. "The lockdown of Katie-Kat Gardner Stoll begins now. From now on, you must call on your servant Travis Stoll if you need anything."

Katie laughed. "Trust me, I will."

We love a supportive fictional boyfriend that sets my standards too high... anyways, hope you enjoyed! If you did, make sure to vote & comment. Thank you!