Love Potion [Pt. 1]

Hi! Here's the second story. Hopefully it's more interesting than the first one. Enjoy! P.S. I don't know French and I've never been to France, so sorry if anything I write about it is inaccurate :) Part 2 will be out soon.

Travis POV

The fireworks sparked in front of my eyes. Katie was laying next to me, and her eyes were gleaming. It made me smile. We used to be enemies, and we hated each other, but eventually I fell for her. We've been dating for six months, and I've known for awhile, but I think it's time to tell her.

"I love you, Kates," I whispered to her. She sat up and her head whipped around to face me.

"You what?" she asked.

Normally I would've been scared, but for some reason I'm not.

"I love you." I repeated.

Her mouth opened slightly in shock, then she grinned.

"I love you too," she said. I smiled and she laid against my chest. I began playing with her hair right before everything went wrong. Suddenly, I shield my eyes with my hands because a bright rosy aura blinded me. When it faded slightly, I removed my hands and my jaw dropped. Standing in front of me was the goddess Aphrodite. She was smiling slyly at Katie and I. Katie sat up as campers began to whisper and point.

"Uh... hi..." I said slowly, confused as to why her gaze was firmly pointed at Katie and I. Aphrodite beamed.

"Hello, Travis. Hello, Katie." she said. I've never exactly spoken to her before, but I've seen her a few times.

Aphrodite took a step towards us. "I wish I didn't have to do this, but Demeter and Hermes are pissed at me. I have to make things right... Zeus' words, not mine."

I shared a quizzical look with Katie.

"What are you talking about? Why are our parents upset?" Katie asked.

"Six months ago, I snuck love potion into both of your drinks, enchanting you to fall for one another. When Demeter found out, she told Hermes, and they both confronted me. We came up with a deal that once you admitted you had fallen in love with each other, you will no longer have to be enchanted." she explained.

Katie and I stared at each other. There's no way this could all be fake... or could it? I have to admit that logically, it makes a lot of sense. One morning, six months ago, I woke up knowing that I had feelings for Katie. At the time, I didn't know where they suddenly came from, but they were strong. Before that I always thought she was pretty, but she spent so much time yelling at me about my pranks that it was hard to imagine something romantic ever happening.

My gaze went from Katie to Aphrodite, anger bubbling inside of me.

"You made us fall in love? Why would you do that?" I asked, as calmly as I could. She could probably turn me into a necklace with a snap of her fingers, so I have to be careful.

Aphrodite giggled. "Oh, come on, it's fun! I was just bored."

Tears were streaming down Katie's face, but she looked more angry than sad.

"What exactly is fun about that?" she asked shakily. "It was all a lie... you took away six months of both of our lives..."

Aphrodite gasped. "Hey, I'm not Hera! No, I simply added to those six months, sweetie."

"So are we supposed to just break up now?" I asked.

"You have two choices," Aphrodite began. "The first choice is to stay together or break up and just keep going with your lives, but some of the potion will always be in you. Or you can go get the antidote."