Chapter 2

Pov. Noah

I took my stance, preparing myself for the match. I was ready when it started.

Jab, uppercut, block, jab, uppercut, block, jab, then jab again, and finally straight kick!

And when my opponent was on the floor, my stance disappeared.

"And that is how you confuse your rival. You let them think that you have a routine, and when they get used to it, you change it and strike. Any questions?"

I asked looking at my students ignoring my helper, and also best friend, who is slightly groaning from pain on the floor.

The bunch of 6 to 8 year olds looked at me with their eyes wide open. Clearly not understanding anything.

I sighed, "our lesson's over for today".

They began to collect their stuff going on their way without even saying "good bye" or "thank you". Kids.

"I hate rich people", I said to Elijah while helping him to get up from the floor.

"Me too man, but we need the money", he said, gently massaging his sore spots.

"You're way better than that. Teaching a bunch of stupid kids who don't even want to learn. You should be out there on the actual ring with a worthy opponent that can give you a worthy fight. Not me. I could be your manager or uhh..", he said to me with a longing look.

"You know it's my dream, but if I want to be a professional boxer I need a sponsor and a whole hell lot of time. You know better than anyone that I don't have the luxury to own mine", I said with a little sorrow.

He gave me a pitiful look that I quickly had to counter with a big plastic smile. I don't need anyone's empathy.

"On that note, I'm to my third job. Bye".

The second I left the room, the smile on my face disappeared and I sighed in drag.

On my way to the club where I bartend, I could feel my muscles begging for a break but really, what could I do? And like everytime, I deeply hoped that the club would be filled with rich obnoxious girls.

As much as I hate them, they give good tips when they get drunk. My looks help too.

With my black short hair, chocolate brown eyes, sharp jawline and six pack from all the boxing, I couldn't deny the fact that I was good looking.

But that doesn't mean I'm a "fuck boy", one of those guys who play with someone's heart and have fun with them, then dump them the next morning.

My mother raised me better than that.

When I walked in the club, the loud music rang in my ears. All I wanted to do was go home and sleep.

It's been a long time since I last got more than 4 hours of sleep in a day.

I began my long, long night.

At midnight I walked out of the club to get fresh air. That night, the club was filled with jerks and snobs of all sorts. It just became too much.

The moment I closed my eyes and leaned on the wall, I heard an ugly voice reaching me from the other side of the street:

"Hey you give me all the money you have, you look rich grandpa".

"I don't have anything with me at the moment!" a scared voice answered.

Ugh, can't I have a normal day for once?

I began making my way towards them, extremely irritated by the robber.

"You. Leave him alone, he said he didn't have anything".

The robber looked at me and sneered. What an animal.

"Don't get involved or you will be the first one I kill".

I swiftly approach him and swing my fist in his face. After two more punches he was on the ground groaning in pain.

"I lost my precious break on you".

I carelessly kicked him and turned away, making my way back to the club.

"Hey boy", I turned to the old man that was now wearing a warm smile, "I'm Mario Romano", he said. "Would you like to work for me?"

If only I knew that my life would change forever,

But...

For the better or for worse?

Thank you for reading :)

(Edited)