Chapter 5

Pov. Noah

"Can you let go of my hand?"

I looked down to our intertwined hands, not realising that I didn't even let go of her in the first place.

I quickly composed myself and let her hand go with a small apologetic smile.

Her eyes flickered once again to my smile, then to my eyes, after a few seconds she turned her back at me and began walkig like she owns the place with her blank expression.

That seems stuck to her face.

The moment she stood at the centre, all the chatter died and all eyes were on her.

Some were looking at her with envy, others with lust.

That made me clench my fists hard.

But when I realised my action, I let my fist loose, shaking my head at my actions.

There was 2 persons that were seating in the front. I think they'ew the juries. A guy and a girl.

One of them gave her a motion to begin.

And oh boy she did..

She began talking, imphasising on each word and thought she had while making motions with her hand to let the idea more simple.

But if you turn to me, I didn't even understand one word that is scientific, just that she is explaining how her research was progressing and how she got to the medication formulas.

And the goal of this meeting is to give her the go to begin experimenting.

All the time that I wasn't looking for a suspicious man or woman, I was captivated by her self-confidence on the platform.
She didn't even stutter once or seem to be nervous at all!

She still held the emotionless face.

But I was amazed by her.

When she finished her complicated speech, I think I was the only one in the room who didn't understand it and that didn't help my insecurities.

She looked directly in the eyes of the jury and said "After I explained everything, it's time for you to vote if I could continue my experiments or not".

All the people in the room seemed to hold their breath and I was one of them.

But Cataleya wasn't effected, she seemed to really have the confidence in her job.

And to be honest even if I wasn't educated that much, I know that she will get the green light.

The female jury smiled at Cataleya and said yes but the other one held... anger in his eyes.

And then he said "No".

All the people gasped even the other jury, but Cataleya didn't show anything like expected.

"Why? Because you are thinking with your oxytocin hormone that your body is releasing, and not the good kind?", she said with a cold voice that matched her face.

The fuck is that!?

The jury got up with rage in his eyes and I took a step towards Cataleya if something were to happen.

"ARE YOU ACCUSING ME OF JEALOUSY?" The asshole of a jury shouted.

"During my entire explanation, your eyes were twitching, when you heard that I discovered something no one did before, your legs were bouncing all the time, clearly expressing everything", she said looking like a real diva.

She took some steps towards him and I did the same towards her

"So now, say your vote while thinking with your brain and not your instincts because these instincts won't let the diagnosed people get any better".