nine

she gave you love and you cannot replace that

Soul Ties 1:9

Messiah

I had the maddest headache.

And I had the weirdest dream.

A dream that me and Shantaè had sex, it was so vivid; I could feel her.

I groaned and rolled over to be met with a warm body.

Fuck.

Was it real?

I rubbed my eyes and stared down at the small body laying beside me, the skin much darker than Shantaè's, the body a lot smaller.

Zaïrah.

Disgust filled me as I desperately tried to remember the events of last night but I couldn't remember anything. We had sex. I couldn't believe it. I refused. First Miah and now her. Guilt sat heavy inside me, I buried my head in my hands and tried to ignore the pounding in my chest.

Did I even use a condom?

Fuck.

She moved beside me and mumbled something before sitting up, I kissed my teeth and moved away from her. I didn't even remember her coming here last night, I felt her wary gaze on me as I moved around the living room, pacing in frustration.

"Messiah-"

"How did we end up fucking?"

"I . . . We were smoking. That's it. We were both very high."

That didn't even make sense.

Me being high didn't effect my common sense and I definitely would have remembered what happened last night. I would have stopped her.

"And you're sure it was only weed?"

Her eyes widened slightly before she nodded her head quickly.

I didn't believe her, at all.

"Just get out."

"But, Messiah,"she whispered,"Everything happens for a reason."

"I don't want you. I want Shantaè."

"Well, she doesn't want you anymore! She's moved on to her new nigga, Trey."

"Who's Trey?"

"Her new man. Like I said," Zaïrah huffed.

"Get the fuck out."

Zaïrah scrambled up, hearing the anger in my tone and grabbed her things. She looked back at me and then ran out of the house, I fell onto the couch, frustration clawing at me.

There was no way I could get Shantaè back now.

Shantaè

I tapped away furiously at my laptop, trying my best to finish up this work for today. When Messiah had left me I had decided I needed to do something for myself, I needed money and nothing else. I had started up a business that had become very successful, a clothing line. Hiring models to wear my clothes and advertise it, fashion shows, everything. At first I was very hesitant but then all my clothes had sold out and now I was in love with my brand.

I was married to money.

"Yo, are we going to go out and eat or what?"

I rolled my eyes and glanced up at Lezain,"I'm working."

"You've been working for the past two hours and I'm hungry. I'm sure you are too," Lezain groaned.

As if on cue, my stomach grumbled. I kissed my teeth and closed my laptop.

"Okay, let's go MacDonald's."

Lezain jumped up eagerly and ran to my car.

I chuckled to myself, he was such a kid. I slipped my feet into a pair of fluffy sliders and mentally thanked God that my toes were recently painted white. These days I had no time for myself, I looked a hot mess for the most part. Things with Trey were looking up, he wanted to take things slow as he knew about me and Messiah's issues but I was no longer worried about that. I was over it. The only problem was, no one liked him. I had introduced him to Lezain and there had been some obvious tension as we all sat in the living room that night. Once Trey had left, I asked Lezain what the problem was and he couldn't even give me a straight answer, he just stated that something was off about him. Zaïrah also had an iffy feeling about him, I didn't know what it was and I also didn't care to know.

"We should have just ordered to my house, I don't like going out," I muttered as I parked the car.

"Why? Just because you don't like people you used to know staring at you and shit. Because they know what happened?" Lezain asked.

I literally forgot how blunt Lezain was, his mouth was always getting him into trouble at school. He was too reckless, he didn't care whose feelings he was hurting. He would just talk. But for the most part he was right, I didn't want people from my old secondary school to see me and feel sorry for me. I'm pretty sure everyone knew Messiah had left me, they knew about the suicide attempt. There was a big scar on my neck to prove it. I lifted my hand to trace the scar but Lezain grabbed it and laced our hands together, even though he was younger than me by two years I always felt safe in his presence.

"Don't think about that. You're not the same girl anymore," he murmered.

"I know, it's still hard though. Like, I really wanted to kill myself over a boy. It's embarrassing."

"No. That's not why you wanted to kill yourself. It's the events that led up to that; Amara died trying to save you, Daniel died then Messiah left you. There were too many loses."

This is how I knew Lezain actually listened to me when I ranted. I didn't even know him when all this stuff was happening, I met him when I had enrolled in the local youth centre. Trying to help young boys stay off road so they wouldn't end up dead like my big brother. Daniel's death had changed my life, it had made me look at the world in a completely different way.

"Come on, let's get some MacDonald's and get the fuck out of here," I muttered.

Once we had gotten our food, we left. Our order had come very quickly, surprisingly. MacDonald's was always so slow.

"Lezain, hurry up," I yelled. He always took his time walking back to my car. I needed to get back home and continue the work I was doing. He was so selfish and I was very tempted to leave him here.

I almost didn't see the figure standing by car.

I squinted, realizing it was a female but she was facing toward the entrance of the parking lot so I could only see the back of her body.

I furrowed my eyebrows and hesitantly walked towards her, she slowly turned around and then her eyes locked with mine.

I almost stopped breathing.

I slowed my pace and blinked several times.

This wasn't true.

I was dreaming.

I had to be.

She grinned, a wide smile and then spoke up.

"Taè, I missed you so much."

guys, I accidentally published this chapter before it was actually supposed to come out so then I had to take it down again. That's why a lot of you guys couldn't see this chapter before.

a repeat, I can't reply to my messages so if you have something to ask me or anything and would like a reply, just shout me in the comments and I can reply there.

your comments on the story are so funny and sweet, reading them makes my day frfr💕.

also remember, the verses at the beginning of every chapter don't always relate to what the chapter is about. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

hope you liked this chapter, vote&comment x

~ MAJESTY