twelve

we feed off that anger, we feed off vengeance

Soul Ties 2:2

Shantaè

R A S M D K Z

Our names.

That's what we had figured out, that was the most we had figured out.

We were stuck with the R.

Ricardo or Renell?

Both were dead.

It was a puzzle. An association puzzle, whoever was behind this was definitely playing with us and it was going to piss me off.

A game? Seriously?

"So it's a puzzle?"

I turned around to see Zaïrah standing behind me and I nearly rolled my eyes but instead I decided to be the bigger person and nod my head.

"I guess so. Don't know who R is though," I muttered bluntly.

I didn't have a problem with my god sister, at the end of the day she was my family; blood or not. I just wasn't agreeing with her movements lately and I wasn't trusting them either. I did love the bitch; we lost Daniel together, we both had suffered at Karma's hands together but as time moved people changed and unfortunately she was one of those people. For the moment, I had to put up with her so we could figure out what was really going on.

"Taè. Can I speak to you?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

She didn't speak for a while and looked down, playing with her fingers. Once she looked back up I noticed there were tears in her eyes, threatening to fall. I didn't speak as I recognised the look in her eyes, that guilt. The look Amara had when she told me she had slept with Ricardo.

"I've made a mistake. Several, actually."

"Okay . . ."

"I fucked him."

"Messiah? I know. Yeah, he told me."

Zaïrah's eyes widened,"Oh my gosh! He . . . He didn't want you to know, though."

"Yeah, well. After you guys had sex he told me, then some random number sent me a picture of it. I don't really care though."

I was lying.

That shit hurt.

My own "sister" fucked my ex, knowing how I felt about him. There was no loyalty, none.

"But he wasn't a willing participant," Zaïrah whispered.

"What do you mean?" I asked, eyes narrowing.

"He . . . I drugged him."

My eyes nearly bugged out of my head.

I was speechless.

"You fucking drugged me?"

I spun around to see Messiah standing in the doorway, anger etched in his features. He stalked forward and grabbed Zaïrah, who stood there trembling.

"Are you dumb?" He snarled.

"I-"

"Nah, don't speak. You're fucked, for real. Why the fuck do you think you could do that? What, because you know I would never willingly fuck you?"

"Messiah-"

"YOU DRUGGED ME?!"

Zaïrah whimpered and I would have jumped, too. But I was used to Messiah's temper and it seemed like it had only gotten worse while he was gone. I walked towards them, hesitantly, and put my arm on his, gently. My hand shook under his muscular body, it had been a while since I had touched him like this. Felt him.